CredAbility

www.credability.org
  www.credability.org
There are newer employer reviews for CredAbility

Dynamic, focused on the mission of helping people in financial distress

Current Employee - Project Management in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Project Management in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at CredAbility full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

CredAbility is one of the companies that are constantly challenging themselves to do things better with their mission of helping people in financial difficulties in mind. With things constantly changing, you are always learning something new. Employees are helpful, open and really believe in the mission. Other positive things: health and retirement benefits, regular coaching, periodic meetings between senior management and groups of employees, celebrations ( Hispanic Heritage Month, Thanksgiving, Christmas, pizza days ...) casual days.

Cons

With so much work to be done and limited resources, it can be ovewhelming at times. Rolling out multiple company wide processes/ changes can impact your own work so you have to learn to shift priorities quickly. Because the organization is lean and doesn't have a lot of layers of management, promotion opportunities are somewhat limited.( they do have a development program for staff though)

26 Other Employee Reviews for CredAbility (View Most Recent)

Does not value its employees

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Smyrna, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Smyrna, GA

I worked at CredAbility full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Nice co-workers and good working environment

Cons

The company laid off a large amount of its workforce. The remaining employees now have double the stress and double the work. Constant changes and no consistency. Many voluntary resignations recently.

Respect your employees more if you wish to retain them.

Once upon a time it was a great place to work

Former Employee - Certified Credit Counselor in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Certified Credit Counselor in Atlanta, GA

I worked at CredAbility full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great place to help financially disabled clients. Counselors and Client Service Reps were great to work with.

Cons

Since the change in our name from Consumer Credit to Credability the Company has gone down Hill. We lost due to a Reduction in Force over 8o staff members in 2011 and another 34 were let go in March 2012. Upper Management with very high salaries and no knowledge of Counseling were kept. Experienced caring Counselors were let go. Most Managers have had no experience with clients and therefore cannot guide Counselors in their jobs. It is very sad to me.

You are failing the people you serve. You too could be one of our clients . You have lost the sense of compassion, team work, and honesty that were values for so many years. It is too late for me as I am gone but wake up before one of the Premier Counseling Agencies in the Country folds

There are newer employer reviews for CredAbility