Credit Karma

www.creditkarma.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Credit Karma

Amazing culture, people, and product!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Credit Karma full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Overall it's really an amazing work environment. People are super smart, talented, friendly, and passionate about the product and company. Very collaborative with no big egos or office politics. Leadership is incredibly transparent and there's a culture of individual contribution from the top down. Merit is given where it's due.

Great work/life balance and tons of fun events, competitions, happy hours, etc. happening both in the office and off-site.

Essentially, everyone works hard together to continually improve a product they're passionate about and has a lot of fun along the way.

Cons

Standard growing pains of a company during a time of high growth. Ambitious--but also exciting--goals for the company in every area, maintaining the current culture that everyone loves, and running out of office space--though this is already being resolved. All pretty much negligible in my opinion.

Continue making culture a priority and give a lot of attention to maintaining the currently amazing work environment as the company continues to rapidly grow. Other than that, just keep doing what you're doing!

22 Other Employee Reviews for Credit Karma (View Most Recent)

Awesome company with a bright future

I worked at Credit Karma full-time

Pros

Rarely felt pressured to work longer hours. Great, intelligent and motivated coworkers. Inspiring and talented founders. I always felt like managers were willing to listen to anything I had to say. Memorable parties (nothing too over-the-top).

Cons

Growing pains - frequent changes to process, lots of new hires to onboard. None of these are real cons - it's part of what startups entail.

Incredible Growth

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Credit Karma full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Even though CK is hardly a startup, a lot of care is put into keeping that startup vibe. There's the typical tech perks: well stocked kitchen with snacks, food, and beer; monthly happy hours; weekly social events; casual dress; pets at work; and video games everywhere.

The CEO is also very transparent and maintains an open door policy; you can have dinner with him at one of our weekly events and also "grill" him with questions at his quarterly meetings he does with the entire company. He takes a lot of care in providing us with the same information and briefings he gives to his senior staff and investors.

Cons

People can seem a bit stand-offish because almost everyone has their headphones on or have a tendency to hang out only with their team. Much of the company is engineers (it's tech) so their "nerdy" personalities are often favored, eg. types of events we do, etc.

The office space is also getting a bit cramped!

As we're rapidly expanding with many new hires, take some care into maintaining that startup vibe with the fun events and transparency. Also think about getting another floor in the office building or a new space!

There are newer employer reviews for Credit Karma