Fast Paced, Exciting & Great Culture

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Credit Karma full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Pro-consumer product that gives you a sense of pride & accomplishment at the end of the day - Open culture where employees are given trust & space to do their work. - Co-workers are talented & motivated: people like to get things done and make an impact. - Heavily analytics driven decision-making which permeates all aspects of the company. - Plenty of interesting challenges to tackle (too much so - we can't hire fast enough!). - Employee benefits are all top notch: 401k, health benefits, constant company outings & game nights, fully stocked kitchens, and a coffee lover's haven.

Cons

With the growth that the company is experiencing, aspects of team structure & office dynamics tend to be in constant flux. The growing pains are handled well overall, but it can be a bit jarring at times if you're not used to a rapid growth environment.

Advice to Management

Great job with keeping the company's core values & culture in place so far with the rapid growth - just have to keep on it!

Other Employee Reviews for Credit Karma

Awesome place to work!

I have been working at Credit Karma full-time

Pros

I love working for a winning company like Credit Karma! It's thrilling to pursue the business opportunities we have available, and everyone seems to believe in the mission. Engineers work on interesting challenges, and can pick areas of interest to some degree. Culture is really open. You hear conversations happening around you and can chime in. You can contribute ideas cross-functional team; engineers are actively encouraged to make business and product suggestions, for instance. Amazing office space in the heart of SF. Great snacks and coffee. Fun events like company picnics and comedy club.

Cons

Compensation is lower than many other Silicon Valley companies.

A good learning experience

I have been working at Credit Karma full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've had to do a lot of learning on the job, which is good if you can be more independent and responsible, but if you need a lot of training, this might be a barrier for you. I like the culture a lot because it's relatively relaxed and fun, yet still professional. People get their work done but still manage to have a good time. We have a stocked kitchen although the spread hasn't been as good ever since the company started growing rapidly. But at least we still get snacks. We have a variety of social events pretty regularly and they're usually really fun. Management is pretty approachable but that might change as the company continues growing. Who knows. Even though we are growing, I think there is still room for professional growth as long as you're ambitious enough. Overall, I love working here because I learn a lot, like the culture, and believe I can grow professionally.

Cons

We are growing rapidly and that might change things a lot