Mind blowing

Current Employee - IT Eno  in  Singapore (Singapore)
Current Employee - IT Eno in Singapore (Singapore)

I have been working at Credit Suisse full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great opportunities given to young talents
Scope for mobility available globally
Great importance given to human capital planning

Cons

I have no major cons to point with regards to working at Credit Suisse. I have had a v positive experience.

Other Reviews for Credit Suisse

Waiting on death row

Current Employee - Analyst  in  Zürich (Switzerland)
    Current Employee - Analyst in Zürich (Switzerland)

I have been working at Credit Suisse full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Short commute, around half an hour. Cafe at work has very friendly staff.
    Pays a reasonable salary. Office is reasonably uiet but that is because they got rid of so many people.
    Comedy value, listening to management chatting at the coffee area isvlaugh out loud funny. Buzz words and platitudes abound. Favourite topic? Avoiding blame for anything which went wrong.

Cons

Everybody is afraid of losing their jobs. Whole of IT to be outsourced to poorly qualified people in India.
    Zero prospects. A good kick up the backside to find a new job.
    Company statements are pure fabrication. Management resemble rabbits caught in car headlamps.
    The chief of our department has one mission, send it to India.

Grow a spine and tell your boss this outsourcing to India won't work. Be honest with staff and let them know the plan ahead, it will happen. Communication of realitybis non-existent.

Stop treating your staff as if they did not know the grand plan, they despise you for it.

Good pay - Nobody resigns, wait long enough you will get redundancy pay

Former Employee - Exempt Non Officer  in  Sydney (Australia)
    Former Employee - Exempt Non Officer in Sydney (Australia)

I worked at Credit Suisse full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Every department was different. Good people in my team, at my level. If you wait long enough you know you will eventually get made redundant.

Cons

Good people at my level, but our managers were abysmal. No interest in people management and would trample you to look good offshore. Back office were generally treated like they were invisible. Lots of really good networking and speaker events, but were often only available to higher pay grades or front office ... like they were embarrassed to have anyone else at the event. Events like the Roger Federer ones were kept top secret to staff who were later shown fabulous videos of a select few having fun - the elitism always made me laugh!

The Australia CEO seems to think of himself as a celebrity pretending to be approachable. He is not relatable, and the value add for the business is not obvious - not like the previous country head who was an all round great guy and clearly had an excellent reputation in the industry. The business in Australia definitely appears to be winding up - or should be.

There are newer employer reviews for Credit Suisse.

Worked for Credit Suisse? Contribute to the Community!