There are newer employer reviews for Cree

Eh. It's a job.

I have been working at Cree

Pros

Plenty of overtime readily available, more money for me when I want it. Cafe is awesome, gym is pretty good. Convenient location isn't *quite* in RTP.

Cons

What work/life balance? It's all work here. Impossible to move up from within because of how the job requisition system is set up. I've got an engineering degree and I'm stuck doing work that is trivial to me, but challenging for others.

All those engineers fresh out of college hired into technician positions? Promoting them will ensure loyalty, but leaving them in a tech position.. forget about it.

106 Other Employee Reviews for Cree (View Most Recent)

Extremely good opportunity to gain real-world experience and responsibility

I have been working at Cree

Pros

Good compensation and benefits, aggressive, competitive company with lots of energy and excitement. lots of responsibility early on.

Cons

long hours and unrealistic timelines some times

hold on to employees

Not a company where you can build a career

I worked at Cree

Pros

Nice Gymnasium & Work Out Facility, Good Location near RTP for short commute from most of the Traingle areas, Stock Options for all Salaried Employees

Cons

No Work/Life Balance, No Career Development, Poor Managers & Senior Leaders, No Team Work or Collaboration. Company has hundreds of millions of dollars in bank and no debt with healthy profit margins but does not invest in it's employees (i.e. merrit increases, further education, awards/promotions). Supply Chain Organization is in chaos as Leaders are too focused on tactical execution with no strategy or vision for the future. Work is often repeated, duplicated, overlapped due to poor structure and lack of organization. Managers don't understand basic Supply Chain concepts nor do they know how to develop & execute long term strategic plans. Poor (Little to no) company-wide communication. Same thing for department communication. No Employee Survey or Suggestion Box.

The Supply Chain Organization requires a complete overhaul. Need to bring in more experienced & talented leaders that can address the business needs by aligning supply chain strategies to take the company to the next level.

There are newer employer reviews for Cree

Worked for Cree? Contribute to the Community!