There are newer employer reviews for Cree

Great technology success story, little regard for work/life balance

I have been working at Cree full-time

Pros

It makes for a good positive conversation to tell outsiders that you work for Cree because of the great technology they are bringing to society as the market leader. Good opportunity to make decent cash on stock options sometimes. Credit to them for still keeping a sizeable work force in the US (will that be sustained in the future?)

Cons

Sincere bewilderment on the part of senior management as to why you might be interested in spending time with your family or doing something else on the weekend other than working and checking emails. Also, again with senior management, no concept of why even just a "pat on the back" would go a long ways towards boosting morale.

Advice to Management

I know it is hard to believe, but most people still work to live and not live to work.

Other Employee Reviews for Cree

1. Good Pay bad working conditions

Pros

Pay was good at first but little chance for advancement.

Cons

Poor fab conditions. Safety did nor seem to be a top priority.

2. Eh. It's a job.

Pros

Plenty of overtime readily available, more money for me when I want it. Cafe is awesome, gym is pretty good. Convenient location isn't *quite* in RTP.

Cons

What work/life balance? It's all work here. Impossible to move up from within because of how the job requisition system is set up. I've got an engineering degree and I'm stuck doing work that is trivial to me, but challenging for others.

Advice to Management

All those engineers fresh out of college hired into technician positions? Promoting them will ensure loyalty, but leaving them in a tech position.. forget about it.