Cree
www.cree.com Durham, NC 5000+ Employees

Think carefully.

Engineer (Current Employee)
Durham, NC

ProsOffers a job in an emerging technology though times are tough right now for any high tech company. Living in the triangle is a great benefit because the cost of living is low. Casual dress code and easy commute from most areas of the triangle. Stock options but don't expect to move up in salary.

ConsExpects 12+ hour days or you are perceived as uncommitted. Not innovative or encouraging when you want to "take a rick" and try something new. If it doesn't work you will be sorry so employees keep their heads down. Employee advancement/development is discouraged because you must be inside the building at all times working hard. Management does not feel like employees are part of the same team. The culture is more like an old time factory than a high tech operation. There is a lot of potential but the vibe is always negative and the corporate culture is that you are easily replaced. Even writing this review makes me nervous about retaliation.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployees are not treated respectfully. Mid level managment is not empowered in any way to truly manage their areas.

Challenging work, company does not value employees.

I have been working at Cree full-time

Pros: Experience with high tech chemical intensive processes Cons: Little to no respect for employee knowledge and contribution. Lack of commitment… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to your people, and not just the ones who yell… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

I started as a tech in R&D, and moved my way to senior R&D engineer / manager

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Cree full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Everyone is very involved with their projects. As soon as you are hired,… Cons: - Poor work ethics. Managers encourage engineers to "do whatever it takes". If you are out of wafers or other supplies, you were encouraged to… Advice to Senior Management: Look at your turnover rate. Don't just decide "it's hard… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Cree.

Worked for Cree? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cree reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Cree CEO Chuck Swoboda. All reviews posted anonymously by Cree employees.