Cree

www.cree.com

Bizarre Culture Based on Fear and Intimidation

ProsBe part of exciting new technology.

ConsHard to explain but there is no place like Cree. Lots of infighting. Crazy, uncivilized infighting.

Lots of good, talented people beaten and broken to the point where they strive not for the company to succeed, but to make sure they get through the day without being the one who gets blamed for whatever is going wrong.

The excitement and esprit de corps from being a startup that used to define the company is long gone. Now it is just a place to work. Frequent departures by talented middle managers throughout company.

If you are considering come to work here you need to get your money on the front end. Once in you will be fighting for nickels with the rest of us. You may be promoted but your raises will be limited to the 1 to 3% we all get in good years.

Advice to Senior ManagementEnjoy what you have while you have it. The asians made blue and green LED's a commodity and will do the same with LED lighting. Yell at your people louder so they will get more out the door cheaper. Scream at your people more frequently so they will keep expenses low. That should buy you another 2-3 years. After that you can move on to another company for another big check.

Great technology success story, little regard for work/life balance

I have been working at Cree full-time

Pros: It makes for a good positive conversation to tell outsiders that you work for Cree because of the great technology they are bringing to society… Cons: Sincere bewilderment on the part of senior management as to why you might be interested in spending time with your family or doing something else… Advice to Senior Management: I know it is hard to believe, but most people… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

I made the wrong move

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Cree

Pros: steady income once you get hired as a permanent employee. Cons: to move up you have to know someone and you… Advice to Senior Management: take a good look at the managers More
There are newer reviews on Cree.

Worked for Cree? Contribute to the Community!