Cree
www.cree.com Durham, NC 1000 to 5000 Employees

Not the place for work/life balance...

Engineer (Current Employee)
Durham, NC

I have been working at Cree

ProsThere's a free gym, casual dress code, engineering work is not at all intellectually difficult, and good health insurance is offered.

ConsCree can be summed up by one of its core values: do whatever it takes to get the job done, whether it takes your life, marriage, etc. Cree seems to have all of the responsibility of a startup, and all of the perks of a large company.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop measuring exempt employee performance by the number of hours worked (over 40/week). Let engineers have the freedom to implement measures that would help the company.

Think carefully.

Engineer (Current Employee)
Durham, NC

I have been working at Cree

Pros: Offers a job in an emerging technology though times are tough right now for any high tech company. Living in the triangle is a great… Cons: Expects 12+ hour days or you are perceived as uncommitted. Not innovative or encouraging when you want to "take a rick" and try something new.… Advice to Senior Management: Employees are not treated respectfully. Mid level managment is not… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Challenging work, company does not value employees.

I have been working at Cree full-time

Pros: Experience with high tech chemical intensive processes Cons: Little to no respect for employee knowledge and contribution. Lack of commitment… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to your people, and not just the ones who yell… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Cree.

Worked for Cree? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cree reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Cree CEO Chuck Swoboda. All reviews posted anonymously by Cree employees.