There are newer employer reviews for Creighton University

Pleasant work environment, a bit difficult to advance

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I worked at Creighton University full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Creighton is a nice university setting. Opportunities for employee development. People appreciate the Catholic and Jesuit identity of the university.

Cons

Advancement plan for employees is non-existent. It really depends upon whether you can make connections on your own. HR doesn't help out much, but it's small enough that you can make connections if you try.

Other Employee Reviews for Creighton University

1. Great place to retire, or start a career

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Pros

good benefits, caring people, and typically low stress place to work

Cons

salary is my own negative feedback

2. Great place to work, if I was planning to retire in the next decade

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Pros

Great people work here; I felt like part of the family everyday when I got to work. I loved my manager and senior management; they are great people. Benefits were great: I got a masters degree essentially for free; paid time off and holidays are fantastic. Flexibility in work hours for many positions.

Cons

Average employee age is approximately 50-55. Ideas from those under the age of 40 are ignored; I was told that I was "too young" several times when presenting ideas. Good 'ol boys club is alive and well here. Afraid of change. Salaries are well-below average; benefits are suppose to make up for low pay. (I make $10,000 more now after a lateral move). There is no potential for promotion or advancement for 99% of positions. Decisions from management take 3-6+ months.

Advice to Management

Listen to new employees' ideas. Don't be afraid of change or youth. There are better ways of doing something; never think you are the best...someone is always better.