Creighton University

Great co-workers, Good Opportunities, low pay

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I worked at Creighton University

Pros

Overall Creighton is a great place to work. Co-workers treat each other like family, most managers reward employees for hard work, recognition is common across the campus, there are opportunities for advancement within most departments and across the university. The environment is very collaborative and innovative. The benefits are very good- especially the vacation time, retirement contributions, and tuition remission.

Cons

- For some positions, the pay is below the market rate for the Omaha area- taking advantage of tuition remission is a good way to make up for the lower wages.
- You also have to pay for parking.
- Some policies are from the turn of the century and need to be updated.

- Make the pay competitive with the Omaha area
- Make sure you are keeping the good employees and not driving them away
- Continue to encourage collaboration and innovation

34 Other Employee Reviews for Creighton University (View Most Recent)

Great benefits - caring atmosphere

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Omaha, NE

I worked at Creighton University

Pros

The benefits package is great! Tuition remission, health, retirement, plus other perks. It was a caring, team-oriented place.

Cons

The pay is not great and asking for a raise can be problematic due to the structure of their salaries and job descriptions

Nothing more to say: the managment was very open and caring

Advising in the Jesuit Spirit

Current Employee - Career and Academic Advisor in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Career and Academic Advisor in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Creighton University

Pros

What I love most about Creighton is the way the campus is infused with the spirit of St. Ignatius, the founder of the Jesuit Order. The Jesuit priests bring a spirit of ministry to all they do and it is contagious. Their example of being men and women for and with others in order to give glory to God is inspiring. As an advisor, I can experience the work I do for and with students as a ministry as well. This gives a whole new meaning and sense of purpose to my everyday work. The encouragement I get to express my own faith and grow spiritually here at Creighton is a real blessing. It enables me to be a better advisor and to feel I am a valuable part of something worthy. Creighton truly is a community with a glorious mission that I am so honored to be a part of...it is hard now to imagine working anywhere else!

Cons

The only element I can think of that approaches a "downside" at Creighton is that I believe salaries are sometimes a little on the low side. There are fantastic benefits, certainly, but there is still something about earning a salary that is commensurate with talent, experience, longevity and committment that Creighton has not yet managed to put in a place of priority for faculty or staff. In hard budget times, however, I am grateful to have this job and it is a decent salary.

Continue to strive towards treating your employees as valuable resources. Treat them with respect and trust. Be willing to be flexible with their needs in order to build their trust and loyalty. Believe this - an employee who feels valued will always work harder for you. It is just that simple!

There are newer employer reviews for Creighton University