Crescent Electric Supply

www.cesco.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Crescent Electric Supply

Incredibly Stable Company, that is Growing Organically as well as through Acquisition.

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Fort Collins, CO
Current Employee - Branch Manager in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at Crescent Electric Supply full-time (more than a year)

Pros

All it takes is one trip back to the GO or to the Q Center to see and feel that CESCO values their employee's growth as an integral piece of their overall company growth. In my 25 years in the industry I've worked at both small independent and large national distributors, none of them put as much effort or resources into employee training as Crescent does. The time I've spent around the GO management has always left me feeling like I am part of something bigger than my branch and indeed part of an extended family. Several technological advancements have taken place over the two years that I've been here with even more planned for the coming years including a replacement of our Mainframe system. Benefits are competitive, including a matching 401K and there's a wellness program that gives a financial incentive for employees to integrate healthy habits into their lives. My experience in the Electrical world has taken me around the block to several stops in the West, I truly believe I'm finally at a place I can call home here in Colorado with Crescent Electric Supply.

Cons

I feel there's a strong connection between compensation and turnover and believe that we need to work harder as a company to strengthen our bench to fill future sales and management positions. While all jobs and open career opportunities are posted internally, it seems that most advanced positions are filled externally.

Look at possible solutions that would help managers retain key people without adversely affecting the manager's overall compensation. Continue to identify potential future stars and actively bring them along, readying them for sales and management assignments down the road.

30 Other Employee Reviews for Crescent Electric Supply (View Most Recent)

A good company with the employee in mind.

Former Employee - District Quotations in Rockford, IL
    Former Employee - District Quotations in Rockford, IL

I worked at Crescent Electric Supply full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Okay pay for a tight business, good insurance (Blue Cross), matching IRA, and a very friendly working environment.

Cons

For being a family owned business they hold the money pretty close to the vest. It would be nice if they had profit sharing. The business is also venerable to market shifts-you can be let go at any time.

Was once a good company to work for.

I have been working at Crescent Electric Supply (more than 5 years)

Pros

inside job, customers often friendly

Cons

company has little interest in employee well being, raises are pathetic and getting worse, no real bonuses, company is extremely top heavy always wanting more from employees and providing nothing to them I make less now than when I started with all of the extra charges for benefits they have eliminated and limited raises and I actually hit or exceed my targets

provide incentive for employees, remove some of the pork employees in management that do literally nothing aside from validate their jobs by providing busywork for others ie district managers or branch managers can handle the duties alone

There are newer employer reviews for Crescent Electric Supply