There are newer employer reviews for Crescent Electric Supply

Broad variety of training opportunities!

I have been working at Crescent Electric Supply full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are countless training opportunities at Crescent. Whether you want to learn more about the electrical industry or you're looking to build personal skills, there are webinars, classes, books, and conferences to help you accomplish your training goals.

Crescent likes to hire from within. Most employees work their way up the ladder.

Crescent encourages internal and external networking. Employees and managers make frequent branch visits and attend Crescent conferences. This promotes a sense of community within the company. I know many Crescent employees across the country and I feel comfortable going to them for answers. In addition to internal networking, many branches host open houses, promotional events, and BBQ's for our customers and local business partners. These events are fun ways to get to know people in our local community.

I am able to comfortably balance work and home. Tasks are distributed evenly throughout the branch so no one is too overwhelmed.

Cons

Crescent's benefits package is adequate, but there is room for improvement.

Work hours are somewhat flexible, but there has to be coverage. I would like a bit more freedom when it comes to my work schedule.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Good company to work for, great benefits.

Current Employee - Office Manager in Carrollton, TX
    Current Employee - Office Manager in Carrollton, TX

I have been working at Crescent Electric Supply full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I love my job & feel like I have the best job in the building. The job is fulfilling and is never boring.
    If I have a problem with something, there is always someone at Corporate who can help me decide how to resolve.

Cons

Written CEOPS is very complicated and difficult to understand. Explanation of procedures is not very understandable.

Advice to Management

Take a little more time to understand what each person has to do. Listen to complaints with an open mind.

If you are a salesperson you are treated better.

I have been working at Crescent Electric Supply full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Company will invest in training. good coworkers. If you work hard there is a good opportunity for advancement. They will allow you to relocate.

Cons

District manager treats some people in sales jobs better than the people in non sales jobs(warehouse). Schedules training during work hours so those not in the training have to do twice as much work. Not showing loyalty to the people that have been there. Treat people just hired better than the people that have been there for years.

Advice to Management

Treat everyone as equals. The people in the warehouse are the backbone of the company.