Crescent Processing Company

There are newer employer reviews for Crescent Processing Company

Don't Do It!!!!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Crescent Processing Company (less than a year)

Pros

Once you work here you will see how great you had it ANYWHERE else

Cons

The chief "consultant" is an arrogant pig who tries to intimidate everyone who works for the company. And just check out how many women are working as managers in the company. They can't work there if the instructions are DON'T interview any women! This company even changed its name to hide from the fact they were so bad.

14 Other Employee Reviews for Crescent Processing Company (View Most Recent)

Formulaic Appointment Setting

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sherman, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sherman, TX

I worked at Crescent Processing Company full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Follow the script, don't use prohibited language and work hard and you'll do fine.

Cons

When you get out onto the floor you quickly discover that the reps making 8+ appointments per day are completely off script (not saying the prohibited language) but misrepresenting what the appointment is all about. I'd have to say that you have got to be pretty dumb in my opinion if you schedule a visit from a company and not have a clue that they are going to hard sell but I digress... The reps are saying "we are not selling anything (true, rep is setting an appointment for a sales pitch - technically not a lie, right???) we are just coming out to bring you information about our company"

If you want people with integrity to work for you get some yourself first. Why would a company have to get people to schmooze appointments with smoke & mirrors if there were not some fire somewhere? (Read sales rep's report)

Formulaic Sales Program

Former Employee - Territory Sales in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Territory Sales in Dallas, TX

I worked at Crescent Processing Company

Pros

They get you started with enthusiasm. If you can follow direction, willing to work and drive like crazy, and don't veer off the program, you might be able to do ok.

Rapid start, provide the equipment and training you need.

Quick, decent sales commission at front of sale. (No residual. Minimal waiting.)

Cons

Sales pitch is deceptive - don't ask / don't tell policy - makes it hard to stand behind the product once you start to learn (from customers you've unwittingly signed) what the company did wrong. You have to be willing to pitch your product, close the deal, and run - don't look back, don't build a relationship with your customer.

Leads promised are poorly qualified. Expect to do your own prospecting.

Sales reps are treated like robots/mouthpieces with no intelligence or value to add on their own. If you are a thinker, this won't work for you. It's a numbers game - if you are good at getting to a lot of people, making a pitch, and moving on quickly and unemotionally if the customer doesn't bite, you can cover a lot of ground and make some money.

Your business obviously has success, so it is hard for me to criticize your formula, but you should do better to weed out the right vs. wrong sales people. I'm sure I'm not the only person who couldn't work for your organization.

There are newer employer reviews for Crescent Processing Company