Crescent Processing Company

Formulaic Sales Program

Former Employee - Territory Sales  in  Dallas, TX
Former Employee - Territory Sales in Dallas, TX

I worked at Crescent Processing Company

Pros

They get you started with enthusiasm. If you can follow direction, willing to work and drive like crazy, and don't veer off the program, you might be able to do ok.

Rapid start, provide the equipment and training you need.

Quick, decent sales commission at front of sale. (No residual. Minimal waiting.)

Cons

Sales pitch is deceptive - don't ask / don't tell policy - makes it hard to stand behind the product once you start to learn (from customers you've unwittingly signed) what the company did wrong. You have to be willing to pitch your product, close the deal, and run - don't look back, don't build a relationship with your customer.

Leads promised are poorly qualified. Expect to do your own prospecting.

Sales reps are treated like robots/mouthpieces with no intelligence or value to add on their own. If you are a thinker, this won't work for you. It's a numbers game - if you are good at getting to a lot of people, making a pitch, and moving on quickly and unemotionally if the customer doesn't bite, you can cover a lot of ground and make some money.

Your business obviously has success, so it is hard for me to criticize your formula, but you should do better to weed out the right vs. wrong sales people. I'm sure I'm not the only person who couldn't work for your organization.

12 Other Employee Reviews for Crescent Processing Company (View Most Recent)

Sales Manager

Current Employee - Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Sales Manager

I have been working at Crescent Processing Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

Inside sales; M-F; no nights, no weekends

Cons

zero integrity in signing up clients through field reps; sales managers frequently lied to business owners and independent contractors that worked the field.

instead of paying hundred of thousands to fix online review, how about actually fixing the actual problem using INTEGRITY SALES methods

Deceptive Unethical Business Practices

Former Employee - Inedependent Sales Agent (ISA)
    Former Employee - Inedependent Sales Agent (ISA)

I worked at Crescent Processing Company as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

They will hire just about anyone they feel will write them new business. If you are desperate for a job and good at sales and not too worried about being completely upfront and honest to future prospects than this is the position for you.

Cons

Appointments are not twice confirmed as my former corporate manager admitted to me after I had been driving to several of their "appointments" and been rejected and even one time was told I was harrasing them. Started off well selling 20% of my appointments until I found out how deceptive the company is. Appointments most of the time are leads that portrayed to be appointments and they are not honest with prospective customers, and keep the sales rep in the dark on how merchant accounts work to portray they are an honest company. If you call them on their changing stories or lack of honesty they will once again change their story. A company setup on a terrible paradigm that cares mostly about sales and does not focus on retaining customers.

After working for this company for a few months I see that there is good reason why you are not accredited by the BBB and until major changes are made I do not see Crescent ever being an honest reputable merchant services provider. Changing your name is not going to make you a better company it is only going to temporarily hide your bad reputation.

There are newer employer reviews for Crescent Processing Company

Worked for Crescent Processing Company? Contribute to the Community!