There are newer employer reviews for Crestron Electronics

Crestron is great place to work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockleigh, NJ
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockleigh, NJ

I have been working at Crestron Electronics

Pros

Always busy days go by quickly. The company strives to be an employer of choice. Training is conducted regularly. Benefits are good. Leadership is focused. They strive for excellence and challenge their employees to succed. Opportunities are endless!!!

Cons

Competitors are becoming aware that Crestron has good employees. Their is alot of work and not enough time in the day. Crestron should allow more employees to work from home if they can.

My hope is that Crestron continues on the path that they are on. While everyone is downsizing Crestron continues to grow. Crestron is and will continue to be a leader in the industry.

reviews filtered by
  1. Crestron had a lot of potential but seems to be poorly managed.

Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Rockleigh, NJ
    Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Rockleigh, NJ

I have been working at Crestron Electronics

Pros

Crestron trys to not lay people off, if you have a job there it seems to be reasonably secure. Crestron has some interesting technology and sells in a very high end market. Lots of good, smart, people outside of management.

Cons

My pay was low compared to other jobs. Management seems poor, lacking communication, employee morale can be low. Nobody seems to know what is going on with projects. No clear opportunities for advancement. Many basic functions of my job required too much paperwork and too many administrative tasks to complete. More time was spent getting signatures on the documents than actually working. Seemingly basic engineering management was lacking.

Too many separate departments don't communicate and simply pass work off to each other. More communication, more positive activities for employees.

2. Decent company and pay, boring work, lacks personal attention to employees

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Rockleigh, NJ
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Rockleigh, NJ

I have been working at Crestron Electronics

Pros

Top company in Home Automation industry, though I wanted to permanently work in this industry, but this company actually is more boring then the home automation start-up I began at. The management is very enthusiastic about the work they do, and have great leadership, but only to focus on part of the teams. The company is growing massively and is very successful therefore it has great job security.

Cons

Lacks personal attention to employees and one can go easily unnoticed, Could be placed on uninteresting project team, lacks competitive pay compared to other Software Engineering positions. Also since the company continues to grow they keep moving individuals between buildings and may be moving across state borders.

Communicate more with lower level employees

There are newer employer reviews for Crestron Electronics