There are newer employer reviews for Crete Carrier

I am a driver for Crete Carrier

Current Employee - Wal-Mart Dedicated Driver  in  North Platte, NE
Current Employee - Wal-Mart Dedicated Driver in North Platte, NE

I have been working at Crete Carrier full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Crete Carrier expects their employees to act in a professional manner and in return they treat their drivers with respect. They will do all that they can do to see that the needs of the driver are met. If a driver wants to work then he/she can make a very good living with Crete.

Cons

The only thing I dislike are the slow trucks but I can understand their reasons for this. The high cost of fuel created a real problem and if slowing the trucks down then I guess it had to happen. Other than that I have no problem with the company.

I think that all of the drivers need to be in the PeopleNet system as well as the QualCom system. One of the drivers on the Wal-Mart dedictated went from his truck which had QualCom to one that had PeopleNet for a few days as his truck was in the shop. Because he was not in the PeopleNet sytem he had to call dispatch each time he needed to record an action. I am sure that dispatch did not like having to do extra work.

47 Other Employee Reviews for Crete Carrier (View Most Recent)

Fantastic company to work for

Former Employee - OTR Truck Driver  in  Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - OTR Truck Driver in Omaha, NE

I worked at Crete Carrier full-time for more than a year

Pros

I got up to .44cpm (a few yrs ago) lots of miles, ez time off (except for a few special extra miles), great equipment & newer... professional staff ! I must say in all honesty, I had never made as much money as I have until working with Crete! They are professional, well organized (none are perfect), family oriented, some pushed me for 'one more' run, but, gave some extra time back. I would go back if necessary.

Cons

The only two gripes I have were the limited drivers rooms and sub-par facilities. Also they were not open n 24 hrs ... Um, "Hello... we are a 24 HR. BUSINESS !!!!!!!!!!!

Show a little love for the drivers, they need CLEAN, KOZY & INVITING facilities to stretch out in at the end of the day !!!

Great place to work

Current Employee - OTR Driver  in  Lenoir City, TN
    Current Employee - OTR Driver in Lenoir City, TN

I have been working at Crete Carrier full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits are good & reasonable, fair pay scale, equipment well maintained, good safety record, does not force u to go n bad weather

Cons

Do not offer local work,

There are newer employer reviews for Crete Carrier

Worked for Crete Carrier? Contribute to the Community!