Crete Carrier

www.cretecarrier.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Crete Carrier

great...but will not hire me back..100 mile rule from term..

Current Employee - Truck Driver in Lincoln, NE
Current Employee - Truck Driver in Lincoln, NE

I have been working at Crete Carrier

Pros

drive all 48 states...i loved that ...

Cons

no really...they take care of their truckes..except when i needed new drive tires because winter was coming they said u still have 1mm left before we replace them...i told them i was slipping alot in the snow

61 Other Employee Reviews for Crete Carrier (View Most Recent)

Ok Place To Work

Former Employee - Truck Driver in Lincoln, NE
    Former Employee - Truck Driver in Lincoln, NE

I worked at Crete Carrier

Pros

The load select, drivers can select up to three loads if given which in most cases when I was there you did get three loads. I am not sure how that is going in a slower economy.

Cons

You cannot have an invertor on the truck except a 500 watt that plugs into a cigarette lighter, also you cannot have a pet on your truck any longer.

Management needs to give drivers the ability to cook, and be able to save money by having an invertor, and allow the driver to have a pet for companionship.

A summary of my experience working for Crete Carrier.

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Crete Carrier

Pros

I'm proud when I see the Crete/Shaffer trucks on the road. I learned new skills and was glad to be selected by this employer. Their bonus structure provided for a small quarterly check I appreciated. The CEO tried harder to communicate with workers versus what I had experienced in the past. The Lincoln office was pleasant, convenient, had a very nice cafeteria and abundant natural light. Nearly all of my vacation requests were approved.

Cons

My training, (for a challenging job in Accounting), consisted of one week sitting with a co-worker who seemed very stressed. The position required great focus but distraction was constant. At the high 20s-low 30s pay range, we were responsible for submitting bids on jobs worth many millions of dollars, at a heavy volume that rarely slowed. Turnover in my department was the highest I have ever experienced, (many leaving to work for a competitor). One to two unpaid Saturday half-days were required per month.

There are newer employer reviews for Crete Carrier