Cricket Communications

A Pretty Good Place to Work Overall

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Cricket Communications

Pros

-Good pay and benefits;
-Cricket is better than some of companies I've worked for in terms of corporate culture, accessibility of management, the challenging and meaningful work;
-I'm proud of my contributions I'm making;
-The company is sticking to its strategy of putting the necessary and long-overdue processes in place needed to transition to being able to function as a large company;

Cons

-Long work hours;
-I wish the corporate HR would be more open to allowing employees alternate work schedules, such as 9 by 80 etc. It could be great incentive;

-Give spot rewards to the people who do a good job. The STAR award? What is that?
-Keep up the great communication quarterly about where the company is headed etc;

287 Other Employee Reviews for Cricket Communications (View Most Recent)

Don't Take It Too Seriously

Current Employee - Indirect Sales Specialist in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Indirect Sales Specialist in Houston, TX

I have been working at Cricket Communications

Pros

Great pay and a small company make it easier to feel like you're doing something worth while. Also the company in a whole is VERY laid back at what they do.

Cons

This company is lucky to still be on. It is the lower individuals who make the crap decisions work as well as they do. Cricket;s desperation to bend over for any dealer or customer make's it VERY difficult to do ones job. My boss told me I can't take this job to seriously but to me, what kind of job am I doing if I am not supposed to be passionate and take as serious as I can?

Look at the competition and follow their good decisions. Quit trying to reinvent the wheel because it isn't working. Utilize the fact that there are 6 other cellular providers out there and figure out what they are doing that is better than you and mimic it.

Good money if you can deal with the stress

Current Employee - NOC Technician in Albuquerque, NM
    Current Employee - NOC Technician in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at Cricket Communications

Pros

Cricket is a good place to work if you need a job that pays well and you don't mind being treated like slave labor.

Cons

Cricket is all about who you know, not what you know. Promotions are all based on the buddy system. As long as you've got friends in high places you will do well at Cricket. There is very little long term planning or goal setting. The company has a "by the set of the pants" way of doing things. If you are the kind of person who likes to know what is going on and what your organizations goals are, then avoid Cricket.

Send your employees to management training. Get rid of the buddy system. Get some sort of goal oriented program in place to unite your work force so that they are all moving in the same direction.

There are newer employer reviews for Cricket Communications