Management needs better communication

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Cricket Media full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very casual environment, good benefits plan for employees, great products and great people as coworkers.

Cons

Company has bad communication of direction and goals. Employees are paid at the bottom of the scale compared to other similar businesses. Employees seem unimportant too management. Vendors constantly are calling into various peoples phones looking for already past due payments.

Pay the people who are doing the work their fair share. Pay the bills for the company on time because it gives the public a bad perception of the companies finances and waters down the image of the brand. Present clear communications with employees about what management is doing to grow the business and actually make a profit. Implement a review system so employees can know where they stand relating to their performance.

Other Reviews for Cricket Media

A young company that still acts like a start-up

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Herndon, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

I have been working at Cricket Media full-time

Pros

Flexible schedule; casual dress code; passionate, dedicated co-workers

Cons

Lack of corporate structure, policies & controls; poor communication; infighting among department heads; bonuses & raises are only for the executives.

Focus on the success of the company and making a profit. Care about the employees and compensating everyone equally, not just the top tier of management.

Is there a light at the end of the tunnel?

Current Employee - Anonymous  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Cricket Media full-time

Pros

Great Products & Values

A focus on children's media products, a partnership with fingerprint & kindoma and a focus on branding/marketing are steps in the right direction!

Work life balance is encouraged, though sometimes hard to follow.

There seems to be an unwritten policy that working from home when you really need peace and quiet, have family obligations like driving a relative to the doctor, or have an appointment is perfectly fine. A few employees are able to be part-time stay at home parents coming in 2-3 days a week.

Cons

Cricket Media, formerly ePals & Carus Publishing, recently did a rebrand and changed names to Cricket Media. Over the last year, there has been restructuring of the company with people being hired and fired at a whims notice with not so much as 10 minutes to gather their things and leave. Communication is strained between offices and departments but luckily some of the changes are welcomed like plans to hire a new head of Marketing & an Editorial Leader with print and digital experience to streamline processes and expand products though it's taking quite a while to make the big hires. People are overworked with all of the open positions from those who left recently, undoubtedly because they didn't see a light at the end of the tunnel. The consensus is we all like aspects of our jobs, we believe in our products and services, we are hoping the company will change for the better, but we don't know if our hopes are just mere daydreams.

A few promotions have happened after an extensive employee review process this year, but they were mere surface promotions to cover up the many people who have been let go or who have quit out of frustration for lack of organization, leadership & poor pay. Across the board, salaries are extremely below average and room for negotiation upon hire is unlikely.

Reward employees for great work, communicate more effectively, & hire more people so there is time for being creative, which will help to improve culture

There are newer employer reviews for Cricket Media.

Worked for Cricket Media? Contribute to the Community!