Critical Intervention Services
www.cisworldservices.org Largo, FL 150 to 499 Employees

Not the best choice but better than unemployment.

Anti-Terrorism Officer (Former Employee)
Tampa, FL

ProsYou get time off to pursue a college education. Plenty of opprotunities for overtime. If worded right, experience can be used for an impressive resume. Almost impossible to lose your job (literally just show up) due to the bottom line and client mandates of personnel to be on-duty at any given time.

ConsCompletely random weekly schedule; you won't know what site you're working, what days you're working it or what time you'll be working until the day before the end of the current week-long schedule. There's a clique and if you aren't in it, they'll try to make you quit via the schedule and bullying. Heavily inflated and unjustified sense of self-worth and importance; they'll try to brainwash you into believing you're saving the world from terrorism when in reality you're just a glorified security guard with a firearm.

Advice to Senior ManagementSolidfy the schedule. Eliminate the clique.

Avoid this place

Anti-Terrorism Officer (Former Employee)
    Clearwater, FL

I worked at Critical Intervention Services

Pros: Decent pay compared to other security jobs. You will… Cons: Management is terrible, you are just a means of getting greater contract money out of TECO. There are not enough people to fill all… Advice to Senior Management: Realize that you are security guards and not Delta Force No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

More than just a job

SSG Officer (Current Employee)
    Tampa, FL

I have been working at Critical Intervention Services full-time for less than a year

Pros: You can really work towards a career here, it's not just a job. You start at the bottom, but then you can work your… Cons: I hardly ever get weekends off. Sometimes there's to much overtime. You can get burnt out. … Advice to Senior Management: More feedback on how we're doing, what we can do to improve… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Critical Intervention Services.

Worked for Critical Intervention Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Critical Intervention Services reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Critical Intervention Services CEO K.C. Poulin. All reviews posted anonymously by Critical Intervention Services employees.