Critical Mass
www.criticalmass.com Calgary, Canada 500 to 999 Employees

Great For Entry Level

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Chicago, IL

ProsIf you are just trying to get your foot into the door in the online space this is a great place to do it.
The salaries are fine for the jobs.
The culture is weird in that by 5:30 the office is -empty-. I've never seen a digital agency where everyone fled so quickly.

ConsHonestly, the people you are working with are kind of idiots. Everyone I met was eager to jump ship during the 18 months I worked there. The programmers are overworked (and are frankly too skilled for the sweat shop conditions they are given), the designers are good but not great, and everyone else is just...a worthless parasite.
it is an office filled with marketers that go around calling other marketers douche bags (without realizing they belong in that same category) .

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have created an interesting business. People pay you a boatload of money for moderately interesting web experiences. There will ALWAYS be a place for that...so why change a thing?

Great place to work, few small problems

I have been working at Critical Mass

Pros: Very encouraging place to work, great for junior and senior staff alike. Innovation is part of the life's blood here… Cons: Weak project and account management. Get second-billing to home office in Calgary (sometimes deserved,… Advice to Senior Management: Be willing to turn down production work or resign business with terrible clients.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great place

(Current Employee)

I have been working at Critical Mass

Pros: - decent pay - advancement opportunities (promotions within) - social aspect, many events and gatherings - multiple forms of individual recognition - casual atmosphere - execs are open with… Cons: - size - office is a bit small for amount of employees, although it's expanding soon to accomodate - lack of process -… Advice to Senior Management: - spread the more desirable clients across all offices - make sure people… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Critical Mass.

Worked for Critical Mass? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Critical Mass reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Critical Mass CEO Dianne Wilkins. All reviews posted anonymously by Critical Mass employees.