Critigen

www.critigen.com

An interesting business model at the time....but the management cannot pull it off....

Business Development Director (Former Employee)

Pros- Some very compelling case studies for designing & implementing technology solutions in critical infrastructure (civil, power, gov't).

- Strong skill sets and team in GIS

- Having Golden Gate Capital as a strategic investor; their model is to 'roll up' different firms to create something that can change markets.

Cons- Solution practices that are merely adequate and not considered market leaders: managed services, and security (only has part of the full cyber security solution that the market requires)

- Given that some of the practices are not considered leaders, and their overall market is somewhat limited, the opportunities for growth are constrained (barring any M&A to get into bigger markets)

- Conflicting views of investment in emerging growth areas such as asset mgt and sustainability; a lot of 'stop and start' messages from senior management

- The senior management team 'grew up together' at CH2M HILL's Enterprise Management Systems division (EMS); very insular, not nearly as smart and experienced in leadership as they think they are, and not up to the unique challenge of creating a whole new set of clients and revenue streams, now that they are separate from the 'mother ship' (i.e.CH2M)

Advice to Senior Management- First off: dump the name 'Critigen'; it's silly, pretentious, and we had to explain it to most all clients and prospects who thought it was Cryogen or Critter Gen (note; the VP of Marketing came up with the name when she was the outside marketing consulant....)

- Consider selling the firm to a global BPO company that can get you into bigger markets and companies

- Build a formal alliance program with key technology vendors as well as global EPCs to drive sales (something I promoted vigorously but was shouted down....)

- And, barring that:....consider asking CH2M to take the company back and go back to providing enabling technology solutions to a captive market...

Beware of Critigen as a place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Critigen

Pros: They offer overtime pay for billable hours worked over 80 hours in a 2 week period as a salaried employee. If you are busy,… Cons: Senior and middle management are not useful or helpful. When times are good, they leave people to their own devices, but when work runs… Advice to Senior Management: I am not sure that there is anything that can save Critigen at this point, other than starting over where you were before becoming Managed… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Beware of Critigen

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Critigen

Pros: It seemed as though the right technologies were readily available to do the… Cons: I worked for Critigen for a few short months. I was given a job working at an on site project for which I had to… Advice to Senior Management: Learn how to deal with people in a straight forward non-misleading manner. Even though Critigen is coming from… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Critigen.

Worked for Critigen? Contribute to the Community!