Cross Country Healthcare

www.crosscountryhealthcare.com
Engaged Employer
Add Review

Amazing!!

I have been working at Cross Country Healthcare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You have the ability to grow from within. You can truly move towards your goal through your hard work.

Cons

Salaries do not always match the role.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Change is in the air...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Cross Country Healthcare full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Cross Country is undergoing tremendous change but the results are starting to show in the public market. We are making progress in getting our company back into the leadership position that it once enjoyed. I've been here a long time so I'm so glad to see the results turning around. The stock is getting stronger as a result which makes for a much more stable future.

Culture remains employee centric, but with the amount of change we are enduring, I've seen some of my long term colleagues quit or get reduced under the new change. It saddens me personally as I have worked side by side with some of the most dedicated passionate people in the industry. But with change comes change so while it stinks, I think it goes with the territory. Business is growing rapidly so we are hiring lots of sales and recruiters. Seems that the place to make money these days since they are commission driven.

Cons

Rapid change in every facet. Process, people, culture, management. Unsettling at times. It sometimes feels like employees need to apologize for tenure as they fear their ideas are no longer valued and that new mgt doesn't want to hear them. The new voices can sometimes be loud and overly confident based on personal assessment - somewhat arrogant. It seems to being going full circle as results are always the great equalizer between what one says and what they can actually deliver. This is a people business run for people by people. Relationships matter so tenure, knowledge and experience should be valued. New ideas are not always better ideas.

Advice to Management

Listen to your team members. Everything you are trying to figure out, most likely, your front line already knows. They might not think to solve it like you would, but they certainly know why it is happening and what the impact is. What's old is new. Value committed, passionate and dedicated people and the rest will fall into place. And remember that nobody likes a know it all or a bully. Leadership is not aggressive, dismissive or self promoting. While it exists only in some pockets, one rotten apple can spoil the whole bunch!

Not the Worst Place to Work, but Nowhere Close to Great

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Cross Country Healthcare as a contractor

Pros

Most people are enjoyable to work with, but like every company there are good and not so good people. Nice location. A few great leaders.

Cons

I worked in the IT group which is led by a self-promoting, ego maniac who takes pride in his lack of people skills. He often jokes about it. In fact, his reading this would actually put a smile on his face. It's rather odd behavior, but because of his long-term relationship with the executive team he's protected, so he doesn't feel the need to change his behavior. If you don't mind working for someone who will openly ridicule employees, negatively joke about their mistakes, state that he doesn't mind doing other people's jobs, makes people accountable but doesn't empower them to be successful, this is the right place for you. Sharpen your political skills, don't expect to be paid fair market value, forget about a bonus because your goals to achieve it are nearly impossible to meet, and accept that you will be given a significant amount of work with inferior resources. Make sure you love to hear about his "wealth". He's very proud of his white Audi's, his white BMW motorcycles, his white gold watch, etc, etc, etc.... Unfortunately, he's never invested one dollar on learning true leadership skills. But, being protected, he doesn't need to do so. Ironic how politics in even a mid-sized company work.

Advice to Management

LMAO, they're about as likely to read these comments as they are to read leadership training materials. But, I'll put something in here just for fun. I feel badly for the people who get treated poorly by executives, and they have no where to turn because you protect your core leadership team. Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely. It's your responsibility to ensure your employees are treated with the same level of respect you expect. Knowing about it, and ignoring that is your failure and demonstrates your lack of leadership. And for all the managers who are there, and fear retribution for writing honest evaluations about CCH, you're welcome. I know you appreciate what I've written. Good luck to you!