There are newer employer reviews for CrossCheck

Good Company - Nearly Irrelevant Product/Service

Former Employee - Telephone Sales Representative in Addison, TX
Former Employee - Telephone Sales Representative in Addison, TX

I worked at CrossCheck full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good company, nice people to work with, good location, clean work environment they even play classical music while you pee or poo.

Cons

Baaaaad, bad pay plan: Salary base is just so-so but there is no (0) residual income which means that you are caught like a rat on a wheel trying get new business every day. And I almost forgot; people don't write a lot of checks these days and merchants do not see value in check guaranty services.

Go back to the good old days of check guaranty and pay some residual so your reps can build their income.

reviews filtered by
  1. a great environment to work

I have been working at CrossCheck

Pros

Very flexible with schedule when life obstacles get in the way.

Cons

Commission levels are to high

Lower commission levels.

2. Only if you must....

Current Employee - Account Executive in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Irving, TX

I have been working at CrossCheck full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Benefits after 1 month, decent office space, friendly coworkers

Cons

Training: You get one week of training that amounts to nothing more than you being encouraged to read and gain product knowledge, and a lot of motivational speeches. Aside from that you will get accustomed to their preferred greeting and learn a few common objections that you get and how to overcome them. After that you are on your own. No additional coaching or training will be provided.

Leads: You get all cold contacts. Approximately a quarter of those contacts will be disconnected. Warm and hot leads go to the three (yes three) supervisors.

Supervisors: They don't really supervise much. Yes, they will answer your questions if you have one but expect for them to be annoyed before doing so. They don't provide coaching, they don't critique calls to help you succeed. They essentially are just there to open and close the building.

Product: Let's face it, you are selling an all but dead product. No one writes checks anymore.

Pay: You get paid 13/hr base plus commissions BUT don't expect to ever see the commissions. After talking to several of my coworkers I realized that there were SEVERAL employees in the building who had worked there for six months+ and had only closed one deal. Typically you know, in sales, that you have to keep your head motivated in order to be successful - and my positive attitude remained for my duration of employment but I must admit it is hard. You will get hung up on often, you will get the common statement "We don't take checks" or its variant "no one writes checks anymore" . And you will be frustrated to no end.

Try to get into the plastic (credit card processing) business soon. Its increasingly hard to push check-guarantee services in these times. Also get those "supervisors" to actually coach and come alongside the new agents.

There are newer employer reviews for CrossCheck