CrossCheck

There are newer employer reviews for CrossCheck

Good Company - Nearly Irrelevant Product/Service

Former Employee - Telephone Sales Representative in Addison, TX
Former Employee - Telephone Sales Representative in Addison, TX

I worked at CrossCheck full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good company, nice people to work with, good location, clean work environment they even play classical music while you pee or poo.

Cons

Baaaaad, bad pay plan: Salary base is just so-so but there is no (0) residual income which means that you are caught like a rat on a wheel trying get new business every day. And I almost forgot; people don't write a lot of checks these days and merchants do not see value in check guaranty services.

Go back to the good old days of check guaranty and pay some residual so your reps can build their income.

10 Other Employee Reviews for CrossCheck (View Most Recent)

Interviewing at CrossCheck

I worked at CrossCheck full-time

Pros

Professional and friendly people, monthly employee events, drawings for Giant's tickets.
    Good work/life balance

Cons

Check Guarantee services does not appear to be a growing industry

A Stop Between Real Jobs

Former Employee - Account Executive in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at CrossCheck full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I worked with a couple really good people, including the manager of this location. Manager was initially very lenient about time-off and if you were running late in the morning for whatever reason.

Cons

This is a dead product for starters, nobody legitimately has use for a check guarantee service. So there is no real money to be made.

We were forced to take a minimum 30-min lunch, and were penalized for clocking in at 28-min or 29-min (suspended after 3 violations) due to some absurd California labor law apparently (even though we are in AZ).

I'm relatively certain they allowed multiple employees return to the sales floor despite showing up drunk/hungover on multiple occasions, making the work environment impossible to take seriously.

Absolutely atrocious leads via salesforce. Can't even tell you how many times I called a lead only to find out they had been out of business or over a decade or that the contact listed had died during the Reagan era.

Pay for better leads. Train your employees more effectively. Interview more extensively, maybe include a mock sales call as part of the process. Put together a better comp plan for the folks who are actually able to sell this dying product that you're offering.

There are newer employer reviews for CrossCheck