The Best Hospice Job Ever

Former Employee - Nurse
Former Employee - Nurse

I worked at Crossroads Hospice full-time for more than a year

Pros

Purpise of everyone's heart is to serve the patients. I had plenty of opportunities for input. I felt I got to be me within the scope of my nursing practice.

Cons

I truthfully had none. All was good because of founding principals.

Keep visualizing your goals. Feel them in your core. Do the actions to get you there. Then remember to get enough sleep so you have time to dream bigger ones.

Other Reviews for Crossroads Hospice

Management very disappointing recently with disrespectful treatment of clinical staff.

Current Employee - RN With 35 Years Experience
    Current Employee - RN With 35 Years Experience

I have been working at Crossroads Hospice

Pros

One Senior manager has a great heart and if all would follow his lead, the company could be awesome. It is a great hospice, due to the dedicated nurses, aides, chaplains, social workers. The clinical staff would and do give their all to the patients and facilities they care for. It is the dedication and professional attitude of the staff who make Crossroads the awesome Hospice that it is.

Cons

Management, at least at one site, are disrespectful of the clinical staff. They do not value the professional staff that they have the privelege of working with every day. They write people up and fire people for ridiculous reasons and base their decisions on heresay and misperceived evaluations. They never give positive feedback or props for the great things that their employees do every day, instead focusing on any reason to demean and devalue the staff. Senior management has been made aware of these issues and claims to be "looking in to it" but in reality, they have no intention of correcting this problem. They do not appreciate the education or experience that many of their staff bring to the table. Many times, they put people in positions without giving everyone the opportunity to apply. They also prevent the promotion of qualified staff in order to carry out their own agendas. There are people in critical management positions who do not have the qualifications or the expertise to effectively oversee the operation or to carry out the duties that Senior Management expects from them. They will deny compensation to staff despite orders from Senior Management in order to make their bottom line look better and procur bonuses for themselves.

If Senior Management expects the quality of this company to be preserved, they need to either quit trying to manage all 11 sites from Tulsa or pay closer attention to what is really going on. The growth and reputation of this Hospice has everything to do with the diligent, dedicated clinical staff, and very little to do with the present management. But you can only drive people hard for so long before they get tired and quit. You can't expect to continue to have a high quality company if you are constantly dealing with high attrition rates. The more seasoned, experienced staff you have, the better the quality they can deliver and management can turn their attention to implementing new, exciting, cutting edge hospice care instead of spending all their time constantly training new staff. Also, they need to respect and welcome the expertise and education of the people they employ and be open to what we all have to offer the company. You would be surprised how much valuable information is being wasted because we are not permitted to "bloom where we are planted". It often feels like Senior Management thinks no one knows anything but them. As if we were all just born the day we came to work for Crossroads.

For nine years, I have thanked my lucky stars to have found Crossroads Hospice.

I have been working at Crossroads Hospice

Pros

Best quality services and integrity of any company I've seen over the last thirty years in healthcare. Always do right by the patient and always give the customers more. It's truly the real deal. Employee benefits are very competitive. United Healthcare major medical (not HMO) with drug card 100% paid for the employee, 26 days Paid Leave Time, 25% match on 401K up to 5% of gross wages, etc. My wife works for the state and, aside from pension plan (which may look very different in the future), her benefits don't have anything over mine.

Cons

You do indeed need to get a handle on documentaion and paper flow. On the other hand, over the course of more than 350,000 cases, there has never been a coordination of services deficiency.

Keep working on the exciting developments in data automation. Sounds like it's going to be cutting edge.

There are newer employer reviews for Crossroads Hospice.

Worked for Crossroads Hospice? Contribute to the Community!