Crosstex Energy
www.crosstexenergy.com Dallas, TX 150 to 499 Employees

Excellent Career Starter-Zero Red Tape

Engineer (Former Employee)
Dallas, TX

ProsLots of responsibility given to young employees especially in the engineering sector. New Engineers/Business hires with small amounts of experience enter a one year training program where you rotate through each major division.

Crosstex is fast growing with lots of opportunities for promotion. Young engineers manage large projects that are not available to work on at other companies. The work environment is very young; most first level manager's are around thirty years old. Lots of opportunities to prove what you can do.

I would highly recommend Crosstex versus major Oil companies in terms of learning and responsibility. Crosstex does not have large bureaucracies the majors do and you can move as fast as you want to work for it.

ConsCompensation runs around industry average. Not very much emphasis on structured re-training (MBA/Masters/PhD) although there are some exceptions.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior managers spend a lot of time with all employees. Improve by allowing more performance based bonuses and/or pay and offering more compensation for training.

An outstanding, family oriented environment.

I have been working at Crosstex Energy full-time

Pros: Great management, family organizational mentality, wide opportunity for professional growth,… Cons: Benefits on the lower side of the Oil and Gas… Advice to Senior Management: Maintain the companies culture Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Very interesting....

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Crosstex Energy full-time for more than a year

Pros: You will learn the industry very quickly. Cons: The company is not very organized. They made a major acquisition in Ohio and it's still a mess after 1 1/2 years. This… Advice to Senior Management: Focus on the Ohio/KY/WV producers.....they're who helped get the Ohio… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Crosstex Energy.

Worked for Crosstex Energy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Crosstex Energy reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Crosstex Energy CEO Barry E. Davis. All reviews posted anonymously by Crosstex Energy employees.