There are newer employer reviews for Crothall Services

Cmpany that offers opportunities for advancment and career growth

Former Employee - Operations Manager EVS
Former Employee - Operations Manager EVS

I worked at Crothall Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work with great people
Rewarding job on a daily basis
Great opportunities for advancment
Allows you to make a differance in people's lives daily
Good environment to utilize creative solutions and problem solving
Good environment to be able to work on weak areas and higlight strengths

Cons

I was required to work long hours and weekends, particularly in the beginning. Due to the lack of structure that was prevelent, BEFORE Crothall took over the account, and the heavy union presence, working with the employees could be trying and difficult at times. Also there was not much support from the upper managment when dealing with problems. The pay was lower then the work and time entailed- for the amount of time and effort given on my part, the compensation pailed.

Create a true environment of support. Allow Managers to problem solve and brain storm, while recieving feedback for their efforts. Focus as much on the positive as the negative.

67 Other Employee Reviews for Crothall Services (View Most Recent)

On a fast track through management training

Former Employee - Operations Manager  in  Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Operations Manager in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Crothall Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great management training program, called MIT. An abundance of training is available and if your site allows you should soak up every opportunity.

Cons

Over promised and under delivered on the opportunity for advancement.

Redefine how you communicate to operations managers opportunities for advancement. Also, take a strong look at how they are compensated because the pay on average is 20% lower than market.

Worked for Crothall for three years now and it seems to be getting worse not better.

Current Employee - Housekeeper  in  Bethlehem, PA
    Current Employee - Housekeeper in Bethlehem, PA

I have been working at Crothall Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There are none the worse place I have ever worked for.

Cons

No communication between upper management to supervisors. The supervisors tell other employees personal information about other employees. They compete against each other like we're in high school! I am a hard worker I have been doing the work of three people! God forbid you voice your opinion about how we're getting treated they ride your but till you can't take it anymore! We have a very large group of Spanish people who get away with so much that the white people are treated more like slaves then anything. I think Crothall is so afraid of getting accused of being racist against them that we get all the scrap jobs and are the ones running circles around them. They are told over and over again how to do the job right but continue to do what they want. We are constantly going over their mistakes like we have time to even fit our jobs in we have to do theirs too! There isn't a day that goes by that our management adds more to our lists to do. None of the managers have ever done any of our jobs so they have no idea what it entails to get the floor done. We are so tired at the ends of the day we can hardly walk out the door to go home. We are always watched and if we lean against the wall for two minutes we're asked why are you standing there. Really??? Housekeeping IS the hardest job in the hospital. And constantly being watched and putting more work on us is ridiculous! Especially getting paid less then 9.00 an hour! By the way when I first applied the supervisor lied to me saying within a year I would be making over 10.00 an hour! Yea ok! 3 years later still not making 9. I can't even afford where I live paying $600.00 a month and for what? I found another job at a competitive hospital that's willing to pay me for the same job 4.00 more plus insurance! I cannot wait for the day I can give Crothall the finger for the last time and go on to bigger and better things!

Learn all the jobs before hiring a manager and have them do it for a month straight then if they can handle all of it then they can tell their employees what to do!

There are newer employer reviews for Crothall Services

Worked for Crothall Services? Contribute to the Community!