Fun place to work, lots of creative people.

Former Employee - Flash Developer  in  Burlingame, CA
Former Employee - Flash Developer in Burlingame, CA

I worked at CrowdStar

Pros

- People are friendly, they really seem to enjoy their work and put effort in it.
- It feels like a big family
- Interesting activities. This makes it easier for you to get along with other employees.
- Shuttle for easy commute from SF

Cons

- Sometimes, I just can't stand Facebook games. I know that's hot these days, and working on games is one of the most fun job ever, but it's a little bothering and hard to think of social games as fun.
- You might have to lower your standards when you think about what's a good game
- When I first joined, I expressed my interest in doing more than just my engineering job, like evolve my position into game design, art, or management. This was perceive as a negative rather than a positive.
- I have to say, the free lunch perk, it's not that great.

I don't know what i would change. It's hard to find anything bad to say about this company, when you see that everyone is so great and friendly. Perhaps I can be a bit worried sometimes that too many good things might make people less productive

Other Reviews for CrowdStar

Awesome experience

Current Employee - Software Developer  in  Burlingame, CA
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Burlingame, CA

I have been working at CrowdStar

Pros

Lax atmosphere, great people to work with, catered lunches, fun work, challenging programming problems, creativity is rewarded, fun company trips, paid dinners when working late, schedule is flexible

Cons

Salary might be lower than expected depending...

This year has been great so far. Last year was a little rough, but the direction the company is headed now is great.

not a very professional work place, poor management

I worked at CrowdStar full-time

Pros

Some perks like shuttles, holiday events, free lunch...

Cons

Very poor upper management. The company is completely profit driven, no job security, and no passion about making games. Games are not fun, they are only designed to squeeze money out of players.

There was a big round of layoffs earlier this year right after their big hiring spree.
    Management clearly favors some members of the teams.
    People could talk their way into promotions... kissing up is more important than actual work.
    No work/life balance.. typical start up with lots of politics.

Focus more on making the games fun, less about making money. Don't just listen to the talkers, what about the people that actually do the work?

There are newer employer reviews for CrowdStar.

Worked for CrowdStar? Contribute to the Community!