Crowe Horwath

www.crowehorwath.com
  www.crowehorwath.com
There are newer employer reviews for Crowe Horwath

During my internship experience at Crowe, I worked with a variety of Crowe employees and clients.

Former Employee - Audit Intern in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Audit Intern in Chicago, IL

I worked at Crowe Horwath as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Each week I worked with a different team and on a different client. My team was committed to helping me to learn by answering my questions and challenging me to think outside the box.

Cons

Each intern was randomly placed in his or her designated department. The interns' interests or preferences were never taken into consideration.

A lack of communication seems to exist between management and the human resource department.

228 Other Employee Reviews for Crowe Horwath (View Most Recent)

It's a job for awhile, not a career move.

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Oak Brook, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Oak Brook, IL

I worked at Crowe Horwath full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Some pockets of good people who really work hard to help clients and each other.

Cons

Uninspiring leadership.
    Barely any training.
    HR does things that are very questionable.
    Lip service from HR and programs-du-jour. Comply and go along in order to stay safe.
    Lots of cliques. If you're not from Indianapolis, you're not part of the in crowd.
    The women treat each other horribly. Lots of infighting, gossiping, and back stabbing.
    The people at Crowe think that doing things 40% of the way is great. No focus on excellence, vision, the future, initiative, innovation, or even doing things near-right.
    No accountability except bringing in revenue.
    Supportive technology is barely there.
    Partners tend to micromanage.
    Partners believe the rumors and gossip without question. Make firing decisions based on this.

Get your noses out of your spreadsheets and learn how to lead a business. Stop making decisions based on how much longer you're going to be there before retirement.

You will feel frustrated and unappreciated!

Current Employee - Audit Manager in Oak Brook, IL
    Current Employee - Audit Manager in Oak Brook, IL

I have been working at Crowe Horwath full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good health plan. They have a Jeans Day

Cons

Working for a partnership is very frustrating. Focus is soley on chargable hours and that is it! My advice is work for the big four. You will have the same negative expierience but when you send out your resume you won't have to explain who you work for.

Your product is your people and service. You can not manage your people and services with spreadsheets. Invest in your people. I know the culture has always been the same.....get the hires in...work them to the bone.....let them leave....start over. Whom ever is left will get promoted and one day be the next leader. YOur firms leadership is based on time served not quality.

There are newer employer reviews for Crowe Horwath