Crowe Horwath
www.crowehorwath.com Chicago, IL 1000 to 5000 Employees

It's a job for awhile, not a career move.

Senior Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Crowe Horwath full-time for more than 3 years

ProsSome pockets of good people who really work hard to help clients and each other.

ConsUninspiring leadership.
Barely any training.
HR does things that are very questionable.
Lip service from HR and programs-du-jour. Comply and go along in order to stay safe.
Lots of cliques. If you're not from Indianapolis, you're not part of the in crowd.
The women treat each other horribly. Lots of infighting, gossiping, and back stabbing.
The people at Crowe think that doing things 40% of the way is great. No focus on excellence, vision, the future, initiative, innovation, or even doing things near-right.
No accountability except bringing in revenue.
Supportive technology is barely there.
Partners tend to micromanage.
Partners believe the rumors and gossip without question. Make firing decisions based on this.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet your noses out of your spreadsheets and learn how to lead a business. Stop making decisions based on how much longer you're going to be there before retirement.

You will feel frustrated and unappreciated!

Audit Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Crowe Horwath full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Good health plan. They have a Jeans Day Cons: Working for a partnership is very frustrating. Focus is soley on chargable hours and that is it! My advice is work for the big… Advice to Senior Management: Your product is your people and service. You can not manage your people and services with spreadsheets. Invest in your people. I know the culture… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Overall good learning environment, somehwhat disappointing pay increase for transition to senior staff

Senior Staff (Current Employee)
Oak Brook, IL

I have been working at Crowe Horwath full-time for more than a year

Pros: Learning environment provided by some, teamwork, range of client industries Cons: pay for transition to senior staff seems inadequate, high turnover… Advice to Senior Management: Pay senior staff more, listen to the needs /tips from… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Crowe Horwath.

Worked for Crowe Horwath? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Crowe Horwath reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Crowe Horwath CEO Chuck Allen. All reviews posted anonymously by Crowe Horwath employees.