Crowe Horwath

There are newer employer reviews for Crowe Horwath

Lots of Turnover = Room for Quick Growth

Current Employee - Audit Staff in Elkhart, IN
Current Employee - Audit Staff in Elkhart, IN

I have been working at Crowe Horwath full-time (more than a year)

Pros

High amount of growth coupled with a lot of turnover mean that many newer staff have a clear path to the top. Nearly everyone is extremely friendly and younger, which makes this an extremely progressive Firm to be working for.

Cons

Increased level of work and not hiring nearly as many replacements results in a lot of long hours.

Plan for Firm growth is poorly laid out at best.

Learn to pay up when you say that bonuses are coming or you will continue to lose people by the crowd. Use some of the money you'd spend on training their replacements to give out generous raises instead.

235 Other Employee Reviews for Crowe Horwath (View Most Recent)

Decent company with room for improvement

Former Employee - Senior Staff
    Former Employee - Senior Staff

I worked at Crowe Horwath full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Outstanding people. 95% of the staff I intereacted with made me feel accepted and appreciated almost immediately, and shared information and industry expertise more openly and freely than any other group of individuals or organization I'd encountered before or since.

Cons

The work we discussed in the interview was 180 degrees different than the work I ended up doing, 100% of the time. Very unsatisfying.

Keep up the great work with onboarding and employee development. Pay closer attention to the distribution of assignments. Be less focused on the networking/school affiliation, and more on the abilities & interests of staff.

15 year veteran Crowe gets laid off. When asked if they know what I did, the answer was no.

Former Employee - Audit Associate in South Bend, IN
    Former Employee - Audit Associate in South Bend, IN

I worked at Crowe Horwath full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Everlasting friends have been made.

Cons

If you worked with CIO at previous place of employment your in or if your heterosexual Crowe IT is not the place for you unless you suck up. Once you hit age 40 your years at Crowe look for another job. Discriminate against older workers. They lay off people without knowing what they did. Crowe is being sued by FDIC for Colonial Bank failure. Also had lowest rating of any firm for PCAOB reviews. Google it to find out.

When a sports team does bad continuously they fire the coach or management. Look at reviews for employees with tenure, 90% bad reviews. I don't see them making it to 2015.

There are newer employer reviews for Crowe Horwath