Crowe Horwath

www.crowehorwath.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Crowe Horwath

Occasionally long hours, but great people and benefits

Current Intern - Tax Intern in Oakbrook Terrace, IL
Current Intern - Tax Intern in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

I have been working at Crowe Horwath as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Good benefits, good pay, good people. Nice atmosphere. Culture seems very friendly. Haven't really met anyone I didn't like at Crowe. Nice amenities in the office. Office looks very nice.

Cons

Sometimes you might work a bit longer than you like when deadlines approach, probably more if you're working busy season, but as an intern you get overtime pay if you exceed 40 hours. Not a huge deal, seems typical of public accounting. Occasionally you might get stuck with not much to do as a summer intern, but ask around and you'll find something. No PTO as an intern, holidays aren't paid but you get time off, but I can't really complain.

I think management does a good job, just continue to listen to employees for suggestions or when they need help. I like that the management encourages a friendly and open atmosphere, so keep that up.

240 Other Employee Reviews for Crowe Horwath (View Most Recent)

conservative pay increase policy forces looking elsewhere

Current Employee - Manager in Oak Brook, IL
    Current Employee - Manager in Oak Brook, IL

I have been working at Crowe Horwath full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Like many companies, there a lot of nice folks at Crowe to work with and good opportunities to learn, gain experience and move on to another next happy job. Crowe has invested a decent percentage of capital in technology, so the firm is not in the stone age.

Cons

Salary growth is minimal in good times, training funds are pathetic. Look to self-training otherwise you'll become a relic. Large partnership based organization politics can be frustrating, as well as the salary increases for non-partner employees - which are 1-3% at best. It's a top-to-bottom pyramid, with a very niche group at the top (similar to most other companies I've worked at). If you have an offer letter from another company, they will consider increasing your salary, which forces you to interview, which then makes you have to choose whether or not to move on. Backwards method, which causes really good pros to leave, hiring more college grads, then rinse & repeat.

Doubtful that any of the partners would look here, or other officers that could make any difference, so no point in elaborating.

Great Company!

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at Crowe Horwath as an intern

Pros

Great work environment and great co-workers.

Cons

Nothing I have enjoyed everything thus far.

There are newer employer reviews for Crowe Horwath