There are newer employer reviews for Crown Bolt

Apparently I hit the management jackpot...

Current Employee - Merchandiser  in  Boston, MA
Current Employee - Merchandiser in Boston, MA

I have been working at Crown Bolt full-time for more than a year

Pros

I was sought out and encouraged to apply for this position. I was working for Home
Depot at the time and was busting my hindparts and getting paid up to $4 less ($10.50) an hour than some slacker peers; my pay rate was "grandfathered in" from another position. When I got hired @ Crown Bolt, they sounded genuinely sorry that they couldn't give me more than $14.50 to start. Unbelievable. My management team turns out to be not only competent, but capable! Not only can they perform the duties and tasks required by merchandisers, but they do them VERY WELL. They also CARE! What a concept! I truly feel as though the feedback I get from reviews is geared to improve my performance and get me to a higher level of execution. I am very happy doing this physical work. It's just different enough day to day, store to store, to keep my mind occupied and my skillset challenged.
Benefits are OK considering it's a corporation. Paid day off to go get my yearly physical? Sure!

Cons

The freight company used in this area is incompetent. Non-deliveries and falsely reported "store refusals" cause us merchandisers to have to reschedule ourselves constantly. Good thing I don't have kids... I'd be late picking them up from school/day care all the time! From the field it feels as though we are the "red-headed step-children" of the business. Aside from monthly voicemails from our friendly-but-disembodied HR and "weekly letters" filled with unknown execu-jargon, we are isolated. The money pool for monetary review raises is quite small. Would like to see dollars, not single-digit percentages. There is also VERY little room for promotion or lateral movement. Granted, this is a REMOTE FIELD position.

Simplify the "Company Values" and at least INFORM us of what they are... or are you just Capitalizing Important Points?
Promote, encourage, and reward field managers who know how to do the jobs of their employees. People like them make the world work well.
Allow the creation of a few "floater" merchanding associates in each district to assist merchandisers during the busy season... Our managers have lives, too, and they shouldn't be forced to work 80 hours a week just to keep up!

21 Other Employee Reviews for Crown Bolt (View Most Recent)

Rapid change from entrepreneurial to bottom line company left a lot of good people out of a job.

Former Employee - Management  in  Aliso Viejo, CA
    Former Employee - Management in Aliso Viejo, CA

I worked at Crown Bolt full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Quite a few of old line middle management people were crowded out by Stanley and Black & Decker castoff's

Cons

Too many to number. Very political and polarizing. If you were not in the inner click you were kept in the dark. Customer relationship was strained by heavy handed negotiations and contract.

4 presidents in 5 years should tell you something about the direction of the company.

Great place to work if you are looking for hours.

Current Employee - Warehouse Associate  in  Carlisle, PA
    Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Carlisle, PA

I have been working at Crown Bolt full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Over time available. Nice people. Easy work. Decent pay.

Cons

Management lies to your face. Supervisors are mean & talk to you in an inappropriate manor. Raises are the worst that I have ever seen at any company. VERY VERY VERY cheap company; Don't expect them so sacrifice a single extra dollar that they are not obligated to.

Stop being so cheap. Improve safety & overall cleanliness of the DC by allowing more associates to be Hired. The warehouse has too much work that needs to be done & not enough associates to keep a clean & safe place to work.

There are newer employer reviews for Crown Bolt

Worked for Crown Bolt? Contribute to the Community!