There are newer employer reviews for Crown Equipment

Overall, a good place to work.

Current Employee - Assembly in New Bremen, OH
Current Employee - Assembly in New Bremen, OH

I have been working at Crown Equipment full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Family owned company so no union or union workers to deal with. Standard shifts. 40 hrs per week, overtime is 99% voluntary. Safety is always Number 1! Very clean factory. Vacation is based on years of service, after 1 year you get a week. They offer tuition reimbursement. They provide prescription safety glasses, and boot allowance.

Cons

Pay is relatively low compared to other factories doing similar work. Communication throughout departments is horrible. Christmas bonuses are taxed! Average length of service is quite long, so getting vacation time off may be difficult since a lot of employees have many weeks of vacation and the vacation book fills up quick. And management never seems to follow the rules about limiting time off to one person per line. Crown is all about who you know. Certain people will always be held higher than you no matter what.

Advice to Management

Hold people accountable for their mistakes. Welders are not gods, you have no problem going after assembly workers for their mistakes, have a standard and hold everyone to it. Let people advance based on their performance, not how many drinks they buy you or how often. Communication, learn it and use it. You want to know how to fix something, ask someone who does the job, not your process techs, they don't know. Don't tell me to follow standard work when you'll just throw it to the wind when a problem arises. If I have to do other peoples jobs as well as my own, then I want some of their pay. I don't get paid enough to assemble, inspect, and stock handle.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

The job description was not truthful and they do not live up to there company's mission.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Bremen, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Bremen, OH

I worked at Crown Equipment

Pros

They are a growing company in a small rural town. They support the community.

Cons

Top management does not respect the employees, poor communications and problem solving skills. Human resources do not have the conflict managements skills needed for a growing company.

Advice to Management

As the company grows you need qualified personel to to deal with today problems. Some of your top management need to improve their skills with employees . You also need an employee assistance program on site. There is a big turn around in employees. In the near future employees will not stay with this company for 25 years as they do now.

Careful

Former Employee - Heavy Office Cleaning in New Bremen, OH
    Former Employee - Heavy Office Cleaning in New Bremen, OH

I worked at Crown Equipment

Pros

They appear to have chances at advancement, average wages, benefits (barely). Others will recognize the company you work for. Where else are you realistically going to work at in the New Bremen area?

Cons

Benefits are amongst the worst I have personally ever been given. Insurance runs $100 a week and then there's your 401 k, which brings your "average" wage below what other companies in the area might pay you. Another concern for anyone not familiar with the New Bremen area is that rents are ridiculously inflated, as is property value.

Advice to Management

Be reasonable in your reviews and reasons for your employees, not everyone is the 3rd cousin of James Dicke. I am sure you do not even give the considerations for promotions or hiring to anyone with a last name that you do not recognize immediately. You perhaps have under 1% minority workers in the company and no women in upper management positions.