Crown Services

www.crownservices.com
  www.crownservices.com
There are newer employer reviews for Crown Services

They have provided a variety of office opportunities to me over the years.

Current Employee - Temporary Employee in Villa Park, IL
Current Employee - Temporary Employee in Villa Park, IL

I have been working at Crown Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The opportunity to utilize my skills in office employment; weekly payroll; friendly employees.

Cons

Many of their jobs I do not have the skills for, unfortunately.

I don't have any advice to management.

7 Other Employee Reviews for Crown Services (View Most Recent)

Ok place if you're not concerned with pay

I worked at Crown Services full-time (less than an year)

Pros

you get paid every week

Cons

You work super hard for little pay. Other agencies at the same place paid at least $2 more per hour

Increase pay rate

You can do better than this sales oriented company.

Former Employee - Staffing Coordinator in Villa Park, IL
    Former Employee - Staffing Coordinator in Villa Park, IL

I worked at Crown Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

- Easy to get a job as a Crown employee (as opposed to their temp jobs) since there is so much turnover throughout the offices in company.
    - Regional (Midwest) presence of over 35 offices. HQ is run by family owners in Columbus, OH.
    - There are basically two types of jobs in the company - coordinators / recruiters (fixed pay, no commission) and sales managers
    - Annual conference with a free trip to Columbus, OH for salespeople.

Cons

- Highly competitive industry. Crown sells itself as a best practices company at competitive prices, but actually offers nothing more than any of their competition. Our sales reps always complained about this.

- Each office competes not only with other companies, but also other offices in the Crown organization. Sales territories are very defined. Most offices are made up of two or three people.

- Crown management makes it clear that it is a sales organization. New accounts are valued over old accounts. Coordinators simply fill the sales orders and are not valued much beyond that. The annual convention is for the salespeople and managers, for example.

- Paid holidays are limited to a handful and other benefits are pathetic. Virtually no promotions. Why was everyone in the office required to wear skirts or suit and tie when we were working on labor jobs?
    - For sales people, there is little marketing support or advertising. Everything is done via old fashioned dated cold calling methods and that is heavily watched.
    - Micro-management is the rule not the exception.
    - Technology is not a priority for the company. Even the smallest competitor to Crown has an advantage here.

Senior management would never consider changing anything since these offices have been run this way for years.

There are newer employer reviews for Crown Services