Crown Uniform & Linen Services

Engaged Employer

Better Off With An Office Job

Former Employee - Sales in Windsor, CT
Former Employee - Sales in Windsor, CT

I worked at Crown Uniform & Linen Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great product ; Great Service; Company Vehicle; Gas Card

Cons

Low Ball Salaries; Bad Benefits; GPS Tracker in vehicle used for productivity; Turns away high sales opportunities for miniscule reasons; Antiquated systems; Must stay in field until 5pm; No time off: Ancient Sales mentalities; Micro-Micro Management; More productivity reports than actual field sales; No Flexibility; This position is not for career Sales Reps. More of a stepping stone to a better job. High turnover because of named reasons.

Advice to Management

Adjust to new age technology; listen to your reps; provide laptops; Get rid of indoor call days; Dont micro-manage adults who should know their jobs; Streamline reports.

Crown Uniform & Linen Services Response

May 6, 2014 – Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about our company. As with the person before you, I apologize for the delayed response. It is good to hear that you feel we offer a great service ... More

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Management is so frustrating hitting your head against the wall gets better results.

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Windsor, CT
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Windsor, CT

I have been working at Crown Uniform & Linen Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Family owner almost 100 year old company. Reputation in MA and NH is very good, CT is not there yet.

Cons

GPS in car to track every movement. Management prevents success. No communication. Training very substandard. Benefits horrible. No days off. No flexibility.

Advice to Management

The relationship between sales and sales management/support should not be adversarial! Learn to communicate with your crew. It is your job to make the sales process easier!

Crown Uniform & Linen Services Response

May 6, 2014 – Recruiter

Thank you for sharing your feedback about Crown. The best suggestions for improvement always come from those who have firsthand experience. I must start by apologizing for offering such a delayed ... More

2. One of the best places I

Current Employee - Sales in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Sales in Boston, MA

I have been working at Crown Uniform & Linen Services

Pros

I have been at Crown for about 6 years now and was with a competitor for about 4 years prior. I have been in the workforce for almost 30 years and have learned that NO job is perfect, but I can tell you my time at Crown has been some of my best. Knowing how the competition manages and sells I can tell you there is not a company in the industry with higher integrity and that comes right from the top. You can find employees in any industry and in any company that will always blame the people around them for their failures, but the sales people that want to learn their craft and give an honest day's effort at Crown are almost always successful.

Cons

Benefits are a little pricey

Advice to Management

Continue to carry out the values that your family members before you put in place and everything will be just fine.