Crown Uniform & Linen Services

There are newer employer reviews for Crown Uniform & Linen Services

Better Off With An Office Job

Former Employee - Sales in Windsor, CT
Former Employee - Sales in Windsor, CT

I worked at Crown Uniform & Linen Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great product ; Great Service; Company Vehicle; Gas Card

Cons

Low Ball Salaries; Bad Benefits; GPS Tracker in vehicle used for productivity; Turns away high sales opportunities for miniscule reasons; Antiquated systems; Must stay in field until 5pm; No time off: Ancient Sales mentalities; Micro-Micro Management; More productivity reports than actual field sales; No Flexibility; This position is not for career Sales Reps. More of a stepping stone to a better job. High turnover because of named reasons.

Adjust to new age technology; listen to your reps; provide laptops; Get rid of indoor call days; Dont micro-manage adults who should know their jobs; Streamline reports.

May 6, 2014Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about our company. As with the person before you, I apologize for the delayed response. It is good to hear that you feel we offer a great service ... More

5 Other Employee Reviews for Crown Uniform & Linen Services (View Most Recent)

Management is so frustrating hitting your head against the wall gets better results.

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Windsor, CT
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Windsor, CT

I have been working at Crown Uniform & Linen Services full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Family owner almost 100 year old company. Reputation in MA and NH is very good, CT is not there yet.

Cons

GPS in car to track every movement. Management prevents success. No communication. Training very substandard. Benefits horrible. No days off. No flexibility.

The relationship between sales and sales management/support should not be adversarial! Learn to communicate with your crew. It is your job to make the sales process easier!

May 6, 2014Recruiter

Thank you for sharing your feedback about Crown. The best suggestions for improvement always come from those who have firsthand experience. I must start by apologizing for offering such a delayed ... More

Wonderful job

I worked at Crown Uniform & Linen Services full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits are good. People are wonderful. CEO is a true gentlemen.

Cons

Over the last few years, the working environment has become challenging. You can no longer be yourself, everything is so PC, it is crazy. Doesn't make for a pleasant work day.

To acknowledge your employees upon entering a room. Nothing says you are "nothing" when the President, VP or GM walk into an office and completely ignore you.
    Not to micro manage your employees. If you feel they aren't doing what they are expected to do, let them know or just fire them. But let them do their job, 100%.

May 6, 2014Recruiter

First, please let me thank you for your outstanding service with our company. If you were with us for ten years, something must have been going right for all of us. It is also good to know that you ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Crown Uniform & Linen Services