Fun and Cool workplace but corporate doesn't care about your feelings

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Greenvale, NY
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Greenvale, NY

I have been working at Crumbs Bake Shop part-time for more than a year

Pros

It's super fun, cool, very good pay for what you do. SO MUCH FUN (BEFORE THEY HIRED ALL THESE NEW PEOPLE)

Cons

Starting to hire bad workers, no matter how many complaints they get about a person, they WILL NOT fire them. (no matter how big of a problem they cause). Working with these mean, new hires, will make you keep worthless and very depressed. When you let corporate or your district manager know about any problems, they don't do anything about it and a lot of times they make it seem like everything is explainable or your fault.

Follow up on your complaints and fire the bad ones. It really hurts the other employees and makes people dreading to go to work with the bad ones.

Other Reviews for Crumbs Bake Shop

its a great place to build friends and team leadership.

Current Employee - Retailer  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Retailer in New York, NY

I have been working at Crumbs Bake Shop

Pros

-flexible schedule
    -the pay is good
    -great way to build customer serves and team leadership
    -managers looks after you
    -a great training program
    -promotion is rather quick

Cons

-closing takes longer then it should
    -machines takes longer to be fixed
    -some stores are extremely smaller then others.
    -no benefits
    -some stores receive fewer customers and gets paid the same as the top 5 busiest store

Sweet times at Crumbs Bake Shop!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Crumbs Bake Shop

Pros

They stressed that "teamwork makes the dream work", kind of funny but I really think it does. I just joined the team and I have a great store manager. All of the other workers in the store really welcomed me and are helping me learn as we go. I feel really comfortable already.

I am a student and this seems like a great job to fit with my class schedule. I have had a great experience so far!! I am actually excited to go to work!!

Cons

Too much sweet stuff!! I guess that is the hazard of working in a bake shop. We have to eat the stuff to learn about it... um, really not that bad. Ha!!

I don't think there has been a really negative thing so far.

I know that our store is busy and my manager is working really hard, but I think it really motivates a;; of us all to see the manager working along side us... "leading by example". I think my manager tries to be on the front lines as often as possible, but I know there is an awful lot of BOH paperwork to do too!

There are newer employer reviews for Crumbs Bake Shop.

Worked for Crumbs Bake Shop? Contribute to the Community!