Crumbs Bake Shop

www.crumbs.com
There are newer employer reviews for Crumbs Bake Shop

No growth

I worked at Crumbs Bake Shop (more than a year)

Pros

All the cupcakes you can stomach.. you have to try it in order to describe it accurately to customers.

Cons

cupcake industry is not all it used to be.. no real growth and I think they've actually lowered the starting rate

Appreciate your sales associates.. we are the face of the company and the ones actually selling the merchandise.

55 Other Employee Reviews for Crumbs Bake Shop (View Most Recent)

Nope....

Former Employee - Team Lead
    Former Employee - Team Lead

I worked at Crumbs Bake Shop part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Free Cupcakes and coffee. The cupcakes are cute.

Cons

They are confused as to what they want to be. They treat their stores like retail when they are actually food service. They stock their shelves with perishable product that they let sit out for too long and when they cant sell it they throw it out. Then they act confused as to why they are losing money.
    When asked a question I received three different answers from three different managers/members of upper management.
    When I left my store did not have: a store manager, a district manager, or a regional manager and it seemed as though they weren't looking.
    The blame train runs down fast in this company. If a mistake is made by a corporate person the blame immediately gets put upon the store.
    All in all this company is too stressful for what it is.

Too many cooks in the kitchen.
    One person should be making the decisions, not everyone.
    And the decisions should stick for more than a day.
    You cant tell us that one thing is happening and then the next its not. It happens almost every time.

Clueless

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Crumbs Bake Shop full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Free cupcake and drinks, flexible hours

Cons

No room for growth, dead end job

Hire more people in the corporate offices with food service experience. Most of the people in the offices are clueless when it comes to anything food service related. Including the CEO. Take a look into your product, not the numbers. We never hear anything from anyone in the offices that has to do with our product. You can not run a food service establishment like a retail store. They rushed to open all these new locations without doing any sort of market research. All of the new stores do terrible business. This company will not be here in a year.

There are newer employer reviews for Crumbs Bake Shop