There are newer employer reviews for CryoLife

Socialist company, nothing gets done.

Current Employee - Marketing
Current Employee - Marketing

I have been working at CryoLife

Pros

They invest in additional tools, unfortunately these tools are for leadership, not for the field. ie. Give us your account contact names and numbers so we can fire you and call them ourselves. Headquarters has a nice building.

Cons

Pay is low. Products are not in demand. Growth targets are not in line with Cardiac market. Products (tissue) hard to get, so hard to hit your number. Percent paid is less than 1% commission on a main item. For a small company there is far too little nimbleness within the organization. Things more WAY too slowly. Strange child-ish treatment of employees-corporate sippy cup to prevent spillage on carpet. No more than 1 personal photo in your cubicle.

Advice to Management

Too many levels of bureaucracy, reduce the signature levels on menial tasks. Out Source Airline travel, you will save money. Trust employees to handle booking their own flights and you would see increases in productivity as they would travel more and get more work done.
Trust.
Let go of control. There is no ability to be creative here, you cannot even have more than one picture in your cubicle. Yes, that is a company, written policy. Creativity comes from responsibility, ability to grow take on projects.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Stay away

I have been working at CryoLife

Pros

Interesting tissue products. Great sealant (BioGlue)

Cons

Tissue 25 yrs old. BioGlue 10 yrs old and nothing new for years. Company has driven revenue by price increases, rather than unit growth. Expectations are unrealistic and company too cheap to invest in R&D or solid products.

Advice to Management

Take feedback from the field, before making major decisions. Develop better understanding of the marketplace and need for new products. You exhausted current products years ago.

Buyer beware

I have been working at CryoLife

Pros

Medical benefits, dental, 401k, holiday party, decent coworkers, not much more to say than that, which says a whole lot.

Cons

poor facilities, poor pay, poor direction from upper management, underappreciation of employees, disrespect for work life balance, cameras watching you at all times (I'm not kidding)

Advice to Management

I wouldn't lay off 10% of your staff and then hold a meeting to tell the remaining members of the staff that everything is great. I also wouldn't then go forwarding press releases declaring record revenues while there was layoffs a few months ago and a current salary freeze, it lowers morale.