Cryolife: A Corporation's Corporation

Former Employee - Administrative  in  Kennesaw, GA
Former Employee - Administrative in Kennesaw, GA

I worked at CryoLife

Pros

Good benefits and favorable compensation, decent work environment, lots of breakrooms. The Christmas party is nice.

Cons

Abrasive but not effective security. It's hard to be able to have a family member visit you at work, yet it would be ridiculously easy to walk out the door with boxes of 'sensitive' (I use THAT term pretty loosely) proprietary data or materials. The amount of money they spend on having security guards walk around the building every 15 minutes could be better utilized elsewhere.

Also, what’s the point of tuition reimbursement if one cannot leave work occasionally to take said classes?

1.Do not make it an act of Congress to get a requisition request approved.
2.Tell me what the hell you want me to do and improve on, rather than dance around the issue and have it bite me in the ass later when I have no clue what you’re talking about anymore.

Other Reviews for CryoLife

Bleak

I worked at CryoLife

Pros

They will pay you if you need a job.

Cons

No corporate goals. Managers are busy spying on their employees because there is relatively little going on otherwise.

Most senior staff make upwards of 400k per year. None of them earn it.

Socialist company, nothing gets done.

Current Employee - Marketing
    Current Employee - Marketing

I have been working at CryoLife

Pros

They invest in additional tools, unfortunately these tools are for leadership, not for the field. ie. Give us your account contact names and numbers so we can fire you and call them ourselves. Headquarters has a nice building.

Cons

Pay is low. Products are not in demand. Growth targets are not in line with Cardiac market. Products (tissue) hard to get, so hard to hit your number. Percent paid is less than 1% commission on a main item. For a small company there is far too little nimbleness within the organization. Things more WAY too slowly. Strange child-ish treatment of employees-corporate sippy cup to prevent spillage on carpet. No more than 1 personal photo in your cubicle.

Too many levels of bureaucracy, reduce the signature levels on menial tasks. Out Source Airline travel, you will save money. Trust employees to handle booking their own flights and you would see increases in productivity as they would travel more and get more work done.
    Trust.
    Let go of control. There is no ability to be creative here, you cannot even have more than one picture in your cubicle. Yes, that is a company, written policy. Creativity comes from responsibility, ability to grow take on projects.

There are newer employer reviews for CryoLife.

Worked for CryoLife? Contribute to the Community!