There are newer employer reviews for CryoLife

Stay away

I have been working at CryoLife

Pros

Interesting tissue products. Great sealant (BioGlue)

Cons

Tissue 25 yrs old. BioGlue 10 yrs old and nothing new for years. Company has driven revenue by price increases, rather than unit growth. Expectations are unrealistic and company too cheap to invest in R&D or solid products.

Take feedback from the field, before making major decisions. Develop better understanding of the marketplace and need for new products. You exhausted current products years ago.

24 Other Employee Reviews for CryoLife (View Most Recent)

Buyer beware

I have been working at CryoLife

Pros

Medical benefits, dental, 401k, holiday party, decent coworkers, not much more to say than that, which says a whole lot.

Cons

poor facilities, poor pay, poor direction from upper management, underappreciation of employees, disrespect for work life balance, cameras watching you at all times (I'm not kidding)

I wouldn't lay off 10% of your staff and then hold a meeting to tell the remaining members of the staff that everything is great. I also wouldn't then go forwarding press releases declaring record revenues while there was layoffs a few months ago and a current salary freeze, it lowers morale.

Production Associate

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at CryoLife

Pros

The people are a delight to work with on a daily basis. The coworkers liven up the work environment, making the work go by more quickly. There is definitely a true sense of camaraderie amongst individuals in every department.

Cons

The risk for injury in manufacturing is high, and there were times that workers were made to feel guilty for developing injuries that warranted time off for therapy, etc. Some (not all) of the lower level supervisors had an attitude of entitlement and did not know how to effectively communicate to their peers in an amicable fashion.

The pay could be much better for the nature of work given the revenue produced by sales of the company's product. I think the high turnover rate can be reduced if a significant salary increase were enforced.

Please continue to improve manufacturing techniques that reduce physical stress and strain on employees. I think this will address the overcompensation that some associates face when others heal from minor workplace injuries of muscles and tendons.

There are newer employer reviews for CryoLife