CryoLife

Biohazard

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

I worked at CryoLife

Pros

The ONE good thing about Cryolife Inc. is that despite the cons you know that ultimately you're doing something honorable.

Cons

Every department is underemployed and while everyone is aware of the issue no steps have been initiated to improve this issue. There is a constant need of staffing and the salaries offered to employees are minuscule in comparison to many other biotech companies in the Atlanta area. The company seems to play on recent college grads in hope of tedious and extensive amounts of work while only paying slightly more than your average pizza-delivery guy. Overtime is a must and occurs daily for most departments. The perks that once would draw people to CryoLife have now dissipated. Sick days are scorned upon and don't think about a balance of work and life. Here, work WILL be your life.

Management would be a lot better if ANY of those who fill these spots actually had any managerial training. Most in supervisory roles have moved up in the company and have no form of traditional training in leading and motivating people. There are constant power struggles and it is obvious that the higher up the chain you get the amount of work accomplished lessens.

30 Other Employee Reviews for CryoLife (View Most Recent)

Cryolife: A Corporation's Corporation

Former Employee - Administrative in Kennesaw, GA
    Former Employee - Administrative in Kennesaw, GA

I worked at CryoLife

Pros

Good benefits and favorable compensation, decent work environment, lots of breakrooms. The Christmas party is nice.

Cons

Abrasive but not effective security. It's hard to be able to have a family member visit you at work, yet it would be ridiculously easy to walk out the door with boxes of 'sensitive' (I use THAT term pretty loosely) proprietary data or materials. The amount of money they spend on having security guards walk around the building every 15 minutes could be better utilized elsewhere.

Also, what’s the point of tuition reimbursement if one cannot leave work occasionally to take said classes?

1.Do not make it an act of Congress to get a requisition request approved.
    2.Tell me what the hell you want me to do and improve on, rather than dance around the issue and have it bite me in the ass later when I have no clue what you’re talking about anymore.

Bleak

I worked at CryoLife

Pros

They will pay you if you need a job.

Cons

No corporate goals. Managers are busy spying on their employees because there is relatively little going on otherwise.

Most senior staff make upwards of 400k per year. None of them earn it.

There are newer employer reviews for CryoLife