Cryptic Studios

www.crypticstudios.com
  www.crypticstudios.com
There are newer employer reviews for Cryptic Studios

I enjoyed my time in several departments and would work there again, if it weren't for being in CA.

Former Employee - Network Operations Engineer in Los Gatos, CA
Former Employee - Network Operations Engineer in Los Gatos, CA

I worked at Cryptic Studios full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great people to work with, great culture, felt like family, promotes from within, excellent industry perks, accessible management

Cons

Typical game dev volatility, shifts in executive management over the course of time there, location, occasionally volatile personality conflicts.

Keep asking for feedback, and keep making people feel like they matter. Always be honest with employees about outlooks and performance.

14 Other Employee Reviews for Cryptic Studios (View Most Recent)

horrible

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Gatos, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Gatos, CA

I have been working at Cryptic Studios

Pros

good people at the bottom. great place to work techincally, some of the best engineers I've worked with in my career

Cons

people with no understanding of quality or how to make good products on top. performance measured by nepotism and egos, not actualy skill

try to develop a culture that cares about quality and making good products. study the state of the art, try to catch up.

Not Customer Service Oriented

Former Employee - Customer Service Management in Los Gatos, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Management in Los Gatos, CA

I worked at Cryptic Studios

Pros

Cryptic Studios is a typical game company combining a lot of "play" with the work. Movie days, Star Trek showings at lunch time, etc. This all makes for a fun environment to be in.

Cons

The company looks only as salaries not contributions when budget cuts are made. You could have two people doing the same job and one barely works the other spends night and day there, but which ever made more money when it was time to cut someone loose would always be the one to leave.

Value the knowledge and contributions of your employees. Look at what your getting for you $$ before deciding that the largest salary is the one that needs to leave.

There are newer employer reviews for Cryptic Studios