There are newer employer reviews for Crystal Equation

IT recruiter

Former Employee - Recruiter  in  Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I worked at Crystal Equation full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free lunch everyday. Family like environment. They work with great companies, which makes them more attractive to get clients. They have two offices where they are flexible on which one you can choose to work at.

Cons

I felt they were weak on the training side. First day of training consisted of reading a 180 page handbook, to become familiar with the kind of services they offer and how to engage a client. Then you shadow a team member for 1 hr or so, then you hit the phone and that is it. Good Luck! how are you suppose to be successful in a new industry with no proper training.

Better training program. Don't scream out things while people on the phone trying to do business. IT UNPROFESSIONAL!

13 Other Employee Reviews for Crystal Equation (View Most Recent)

It's all you, baby

Current Employee - Recruiter  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Crystal Equation

Pros

An enormous amount of autonomy and ability to run your own desk. If you know what you're doing, nobody will stand in your way. Unlike some agencies, CE boasts an enviable degree of client contact; account managers can really make things happen, which mitigates the "black hole" downside of VMS recruitment. If you're comfortable running your own desk 100% of the time, you'll do quite well here. There's unlimited income potential and everyone helps each other - it's fiercely competitive and still wonderfully cooperative. No backstabbing. Christine Terman is brilliant and everyone adores her - the same goes for almost everyone in management generally. The inmates run the asylum in a good way; I'm friends with my boss and his boss and his boss and neither gives me any BS. Mistakes are treated as training opportunities.

Cons

The culture is not for everyone. Lots of screaming, yelling, drama and HR-unfriendly talk among certain elements of senior management.

The hours are brutal. 8-6 M-F looks doable on paper, but there's also no lunch break. Make sure it's okay with your significant other if you gain 20 pounds and can't do after-work errands.

Consider teleworking opportunities. It's worked for other firms. Your recruiters already work from home fairly often; why not reward responsibility with one WFH day per month for top producers? This is an easy way to alleviate stress, increase warm-fuzzies, and attract and retain new talent.

Challenging in a good way.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Northbrook, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

I have been working at Crystal Equation

Pros

People - very team oriented, Rewarding

Cons

Sometimes long hours and it is hard work

Always remember that it is the team that gets us there not just an individual. Crystal does that now and I hope that continues

There are newer employer reviews for Crystal Equation

Worked for Crystal Equation? Contribute to the Community!