CubeSmart

www.cubesmart.com
There are newer employer reviews for CubeSmart

Going from Good to Great.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

I have been working at CubeSmart full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I've worked here since the transition from Cleveland to Malvern (through Wayne). I can honestly say that the company is committed to be a better place to work. Admittedly, I've witnessed the company go through hard times, and even agree that some of the reviews here were true just a few years ago, but the company has changed since then. The WOW! culture is taking hold (with still a few failings here and there), the leadership team realizes there are problems and is committed to working on them. People manager training is being implemented across the company. A new strategic HR department is investing in talent development and revamping our performance management process. All in all, most of the people in the corporate office have a very positive attitude and are great to work with. I enjoy working here.

Cons

There's still a few bastions of negativity within the company, but as the new performance management / talent development plans take hold, i expect that they'll be identified and retrained before long.

For a corporate office, the benefits leave much to be desired. Healthcare and tuition reimbursement do not go far enough.

Continue listening for problems and take a direct approach to fix them. Embrace the awkward conversations and invest in the people managers. I think everyone would agree that all Teammates deserve a good place to work.

CubeSmart Response

Jul 3, 2014HR Project Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to leave your comments as it helps us to create an even better workplace for all of our teammates. We believe in fostering a friendly ... More

48 Other Employee Reviews for CubeSmart (View Most Recent)

Great working environment.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

I worked at CubeSmart full-time

Pros

Company pays about 80% of employee benefits. Employees are smart and forward thinking. Salary is competitive and corporate employees receive an annual bonus.

Cons

Although the company is growing, upward mobility is limited. Vacation is minimal (2 weeks) and there is a 6 month waiting period before being able to use your vacation/sick time.

Take a management development course.

CubeSmart Response

Mar 20, 2014HR Project Coordinator

Thank you for your comments! We value our teammates and enjoy providing rewards such as competitive salaries, bonus opportunities, and great benefits such as wellness programs and paid holidays and ... More

Best storage company I've worked for

I have been working at CubeSmart full-time

Pros

I work with the best GM and she treats me with fairness and kindess and she is not afraid to get her hands dirty. Most GM's make their managers do all of the work in which is not fair. My GM is the best!

Cons

I noticed that alot of employees work either 30 minutes or more from their homes and the company as far as I know won't reimburse their employees for travel. I believe the company should reimburse for the employees travel.

This company has DM's that have way too may properties under their belt. Either promote more GM's to DM's from within or hire from the outside.

There are newer employer reviews for CubeSmart