There are newer employer reviews for CubeSmart

Rising Storage company

I have been working at CubeSmart full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

GM's get free residential in some areas. Employees are the best quality of workers you will find. The environment is set with a team atmosphere. Advancement is possible to a certain level. The company does offer paid time off.

Cons

Pay needs to be looked into. Some employees are worth more then what they get. Employee turn around is higher then most companies. Once you reach a certain level your development as an individual is stopped. Bonus structure is not really set up for the employee to make money but to drive the business forward.

Take a closer look at the lower level and don't forget they make the wheels turn.

37 Other Employee Reviews for CubeSmart (View Most Recent)

It's a good job

I have been working at CubeSmart

Pros

Great workers, have a chance of getting rent free apartment, and overall good General Managers

Cons

Lots of information during training

Great benefits

Going from Good to Great.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

I have been working at CubeSmart full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I've worked here since the transition from Cleveland to Malvern (through Wayne). I can honestly say that the company is committed to be a better place to work. Admittedly, I've witnessed the company go through hard times, and even agree that some of the reviews here were true just a few years ago, but the company has changed since then. The WOW! culture is taking hold (with still a few failings here and there), the leadership team realizes there are problems and is committed to working on them. People manager training is being implemented across the company. A new strategic HR department is investing in talent development and revamping our performance management process. All in all, most of the people in the corporate office have a very positive attitude and are great to work with. I enjoy working here.

Cons

There's still a few bastions of negativity within the company, but as the new performance management / talent development plans take hold, i expect that they'll be identified and retrained before long.

For a corporate office, the benefits leave much to be desired. Healthcare and tuition reimbursement do not go far enough.

Continue listening for problems and take a direct approach to fix them. Embrace the awkward conversations and invest in the people managers. I think everyone would agree that all Teammates deserve a good place to work.

CubeSmart Response

Jul 3, 2014HR Project Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to leave your comments as it helps us to create an even better workplace for all of our teammates. We believe in fostering a friendly ... More

There are newer employer reviews for CubeSmart