There are newer employer reviews for Cubic

Pleasant But Needs Better Personnel Development

Current Employee - Engineer  in  San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Engineer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Cubic full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are a lot of older folks at this company, which gives you the impression they are apprecaited and also like it enough to stick around. The management of the company is above average in most departments and have a general interest in improving the company, even if change sometimes comes slowly. They have the most generous educational reimbursement program I've seen.

Cons

The biggest complaint in employee surveys was the lack of defined career development at the company. In certain departments, younger engineers might jump around from task to task without a more permanent attachment to a project or product line. The contract based nature of defense work means that sometimes there will be periods of high hours followed by periods where there is very little to do, which can be a con if you like to keep busy.

Management can develop career roadmaps for employees, so that employees can be more likely to receive the type of projects and tasks that will clearly develop their skills and confidence.

80 Other Employee Reviews for Cubic (View Most Recent)

It is a great company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Cubic

Pros

My Project Manager is one of the best I have ever worked for. The travel staff always goes above and beyond what is required. You want to work for this company.

Cons

To pick up a large pay raise you need to leave and then come back to the position. If it stays open.

Fast paced work environment

Former Employee - Senior Analyst  in  Honolulu, HI
    Former Employee - Senior Analyst in Honolulu, HI

I worked at Cubic

Pros

The work is challenging and ever changing and it allows a sense of accomplishment by staying in close connection with the customer

Cons

There is a certain degree of understandable volatility as the defense industry scales back and the demand for out sourced support decreases, yet there is very limited support from the company to assist those caught in this volatility.

There are newer employer reviews for Cubic

Worked for Cubic? Contribute to the Community!