Culinaire International

www.culinaireintl.com
  www.culinaireintl.com
There are newer employer reviews for Culinaire International

A company that needs a huge overhaul.

I worked at Culinaire International

Pros

--Good support at the National Sales level
--Because most locations are small you are exposed to many different roles/responsibilities
--Salary was acceptable when compared to industry standard

Cons

--Very little respect from Senior Management
--Work life vs. Personal life balance is not respected (in any role)
--Senior management is often very disrespectful of lower level management and front line staff
--Diversity is not valued
--The company as a whole is slow to adopt new technology and some areas are completely resistant.

--Embrace new technology and the new work style which allows people to work in an environment that best suits them for maximum productivity.
--Don't be afraid of new ideas; there are new methods of training, implementing and fostering new talent and ideas that really are worthwhile.
--TRAINING, TRAINING, TRAINING: increase initial training and make constant training available.
--Review your diversity policies and make them more inclusive.
--VALUE your staff. A little goes a long way to retaining talent rather than dealing with the excessive amount of turnover you currently face.
--Above all else, find a way to review your senior staff's performance in a neutral way to find out the REAL truth about what is happening at each of your properties. What happens at the site and what is reported is most of the time not the same.

9 Other Employee Reviews for Culinaire International (View Most Recent)

Culinaire's culture is a good fit for me.

I have been working at Culinaire International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Opportunity to be creative, develop and implement new ideas. The company is large enough to offer growth opportunity but still small enough for your efforts to get noticed.

Cons

Since the company operates only a few properties in many different cities, in order to accept a promotion, may have to be willing to relocate; however, most of the locations are places I wouldn't mind living in.

I took a challenging assignment as an excellent opportunity to utilize my entrepreneurial ability.

Former Employee - Food and Beverage Director in El Segundo, CA
    Former Employee - Food and Beverage Director in El Segundo, CA

I worked at Culinaire International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Eventhough our company headquarters is in Dallas, I felt supported at the LAX property.

Cons

Since it was the company's only account in California, the growth opportunities were very limited unless one will consider moving to other states where the company's other accounts are located.

I appreciate the senior management's support during my tenure at LAX. I was privileged to work closely with Bill Thompson, President and COO of Culinaire.

There are newer employer reviews for Culinaire International