I was actively working 3 months before being officially trained!

Former Employee - Consumer Banker  in  Houston, TX
Former Employee - Consumer Banker in Houston, TX

I worked at Cullen/Frost Bankers

Pros

The turnover is low, the locations are conviently located with free parking. The job is fairly easy if you are good with memorizing forms and procedures. The employees are somewhat friendly and your job is mostly routine.

Cons

They expect you to be willing to fill in at other locations at short notice, if you don't you will not last long. The benefits suck and you have to wait 1year before you are eligible for health insurance. Getting time off is a pain and alot of the upper management is messy. Also the job does not pay enough for the amount of work expected. Training is the worst of any company I've ever worked for. It is mostly hands on therefore you are only as good as your trainer who is usually the current senior banker and mostly busy. Much of it was learn on your own...I was there 3 months before training started and had to complete training modules in between customers. There was a total of 80hrs to complete and if it was not done you are terminated.

Do not be cheap with training! Training modules is not an effective method of training. There should be training in a actual learning or class environment before performing duties. It is not effective to provide inadequate training, then give low performance scores for representatives that are not properly trained.

Other Reviews for Cullen/Frost Bankers

Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Teller  in  San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Teller in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Cullen/Frost Bankers

Pros

I have been a teller for 2 years and have felt like a valued employee the entire time. No one has ever "talked down to me", its more of a team enviroment than anything.

Cons

I am a recent college graduate and would love to continue my career here but the opportunities are hard to come by.

Overall, Frost is a great place to work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Cullen/Frost Bankers

Pros

Relatively easy hiring process
    Strong company with a great history
    Frost has a great philosophy that is fair and followed by senior management

Cons

Company has a steady as she goes policy and is slow to invest in new concepts and ideas. If you are young, you may feel out of place.

Management is great and fair. I just wish that salaries were on par with those of the market and yearly bonuses may not be a bad idea.

There are newer employer reviews for Cullen/Frost Bankers.

Worked for Cullen/Frost Bankers? Contribute to the Community!